1999 Mazda Protege - Part-out or Complete Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sc00by

Morning Protege community, unfortunately my Protege got involved traffic collision (wasn't my fault luckly :D) over the summer, and now I have to sell it out or part it out.

I'll explain most of what I know that's currently wrong with the car:
-Passenger side headlamp assembly done
-Front bumper and assembly are thrashed
-Radiatior and it's support are in lousy shape
-motor mounts are kaput being that the engine is crooked, one body shop guy said it wasn't them, but I'm pretty sure it's gotta be, as the mounts are still factory with close to 130000 miles on them.
-Passenger side cv axle boot has a cut, not sure of the status of the joint itself but it has lost grease.
-Throwout bearing needs to be replaced, but there is a new clutch. (There was a new throwout bearing originally but it had to be changed back to the old one, it's a long odd story.)
-Brakes (Discs and Drums) definitely need to be changed
-Suspension needs a change for sure.
-Headliner has a small row of stains.
-Driver seat has a tear.
-Stabalizer bar needs end links and probably a new set of bushings wouldn't hurt

Good news:
From the end of the front end fenders everything is in great shape aside from normal scratches, expected for a 10 year old car. No rust on good panels.

Airbags did not deploy.

No cracks on the dash.

Lights work all around (Tail lights - Driver Side Assembly - Interior and License Plate Lamps)

Engine starts and runs strong. No CELs or anything on the dash.

I don't think there is any steering component damage at all luckily, even the tow man drove it where it was parked.

Tires (covering stock steelies with hubcaps/ 4-lug) are probably two weeks old prior to the crash

Specs:
1999 Mazda Protege
DX trim
1.6L
129-130,000 miles on the engine.
Front Discs - Rear Drums
Beige/Tan Interior
Emerald Green Exterior
Stock cd system with the factory pioneer speakers.

Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/Watcht.1/Protege#
ask for any shots of parts or the car you may want and I'll try and take a picture of it as soon as I can.

The car is in Long Branch - New Jersey, just a few minutes away from the Monmouth Mall.

Im open to any and all offers for the whole car or a part out.

Thanks!

Last edited:
you need to have the forum name on your sign as well. Just lettin you know before the mods come and lock you down.

saw the car in person besides the passenger front car is very clean, runs strong and sounds fine.

dibbs on front grill and possibly trunk..... glws

Would you take $20 for the radio/heater bezel, minus the radio, pocket, vents, and the HVAC controls shipped to 65714

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back