Manual Transmission Fluid

Do you have any tips for lubing the bushings? Or is it just a matter of getting some oil in the joints?

Do you have any tips for lubing the bushings? Or is it just a matter of getting some oil in the joints?

Not really, I just sprayed them down with jigaloo. There's probably a better way to do it using some proper grease but I didn't have the time to mess with it.

how long does it have to be to change your tranny oil? I've been getting every 48,000km, others are telling me 60,000km-100,000km. Any guesses?

how long does it have to be to change your tranny oil? I've been getting every 48,000km, others are telling me 60,000km-100,000km. Any guesses?

I don't think it matters on a manual, perhaps every couple years. The transmission oil doesn't get as much of a beating as the motor oil which is why it isn't even listed in the "Scheduled Maintenance" section of the service manual (00-00-29).

I don't think it matters on a manual, perhaps every couple years. The transmission oil doesn't get as much of a beating as the motor oil which is why it isn't even listed in the "Scheduled Maintenance" section of the service manual (00-00-29).

It matters, its on the scheduled maintenance in my manual... I believe 45k-60k miles is the range to get it changed on schedule 1, and 30k-45k miles on schedule 2.

It matters, its on the scheduled maintenance in my manual... I believe 45k-60k miles is the range to get it changed on schedule 1, and 30k-45k miles on schedule 2.

I've noticed that the schedule in the service manual is kinda lacking, what manual are you referring to?

After reading this post I've been thinking about swapping my tranny fluid with synthetic too. A guy i work with mentioned that he changed the differential fluid in his vehicle (Ford Explorer) with synthetic and he developed a lot of leaking. He figures the change from regular to synthetic found smaller holes in the seals and whatnot causing leakage ... and extra dollars too. Has anyone else encountered that issue?

After reading this post I've been thinking about swapping my tranny fluid with synthetic too. A guy i work with mentioned that he changed the differential fluid in his vehicle (Ford Explorer) with synthetic and he developed a lot of leaking. He figures the change from regular to synthetic found smaller holes in the seals and whatnot causing leakage ... and extra dollars too. Has anyone else encountered that issue?

I'm running 75w90 Royal Purple Synthetic for 2 months now feels great so far.

Apparently overfilling will cause leakage as reported by RockerPro5 earlier in this thread. I didn't experience any leakage but I made sure the car was level and when filling it I let any excess leak out from the fill plug before closing it up.

Back