GROM Audio kit install

Your SUPPOSED to have to hit CD twice, that's how mine works. As for the other issues, I don't know. However I think a different cable is in order to charge iPhone 4..

It charges my ipod but not my iphone 4, so who knows. Not that big of a deal to me, but I guess I'll email Grom and see what they say.

Oh i see now, yah the first one is i-pod/phone only while the second would do USB or an ipod.

Would the I-pod one have better apple functionality than the USB one or would it not matter? Can both have the controll turned off so that the ipod/phone can be controlled from the device rather than the stereo head unit? I prefer to control the I-pod/phone directly rather than the by the head unit.

Oh i see now, yah the first one is i-pod/phone only while the second would do USB or an ipod.

Would the I-pod one have better apple functionality than the USB one or would it not matter? Can both have the controll turned off so that the ipod/phone can be controlled from the device rather than the stereo head unit? I prefer to control the I-pod/phone directly rather than the by the head unit.

The iPod plug ones allows you to control you radio via steering wheel controls, the iPod, or the headunit, their is no "switching" required. I am not sure how the USB would integrate but I would assume it'd be manipulable via HU and radio controls as well.

Ok, i guess i could just e-mail them and find out how it works. I like the idea of getting the USB one as it would offer more flexibility than the Ipod/Phone only. That way, i if i go to a non apple phone or device in the future, it would still work. A bit pricy though, Grom USB Kit+Bluetooth add-on+shipping = $200. At that point it is almost worth looking into other aftermarket head unit options as all this would come included in a new head unit.

Back