JBarone short shift plate

chief_wiggum

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3-2010 Mazda5 GT
Put mine on today...man what a difference. First, installation took at most 10 minutes -- made much easier due to my SRI. Second, this thing is quality; he's not cutting these with a hacksaw in his garage, the bracket is water jet cut so it's precise and smooth. The new shifter weight is just about perfect. The throws are so much shorter, I'm having to relearn how to drive this thing. This is a complete kit, loctite, lube, and 2 sets of instructions (1 on cd).

If you've been on the fence about getting one because of $$ or not wanting to change the stock shifter height, this is the way to go. I'm not mechanically inclined enough to make one of these myself even with instructions...so this was perfect for me.

Jamie, great product -- thanks!

pictures in this thread; http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123754670&highlight=jbarone&page=2

is it notchy like a traditional short shifter? Or does it smoothen the shifting out at all?

Well, it's never going to be as smooth as a good Honda gearbox (take that for action Mazda) -- I guess it's a little smoother. To me the real improvement is the reduction in throw and the more direct feel of the throw. I don't have too many miles on it yet but I can tell you I've enjoyed every one of them. I also really like that this is totally reversible in under 10 minutes for dealer visits!

Last edited:
Just installed my jbarone plate today and my thoughts (as if they matter right): good packaging, fast shipping; solid quality pieces; easy install even though I got one of the currupt disks, after e-mailing jbarone that he sent me a new sent of instructions to my e-mail within the half hour; and SUPER short shifts they say 35 to 40% reduction feels like 50%; very impressed with the part in every way! I dare say this should go in the catagory with rear mm and intake as the must have 1st bolt ons for this car.

thanks Jamie

Thanks for the kind works folks.

I've sent the requested info to Antoine for AMM status. I'm waiting for a reply.

jbarone is making them. We are waiting for Antoine to approve his AV status so he can officially start selling them. Please do not PM looking for these before the status is approved.

I've recieved Approved Member Merchant status.

If your interested in purchasing one of these Short Shift Plates you can PM me here or go to www.jamiesplanet.com for more information.

I'm also happy to answer any questions here.

Thanks,
Jamie

It is great. I also installed this in 10 min without removing my CAI. Shifts are short and true. Had 2nd pop out a few times, probably just me though. Well made product for those that like the stock shift height, but want that short throw feel.

It is great. I also installed this in 10 min without removing my CAI. Shifts are short and true. Had 2nd pop out a few times, probably just me though. Well made product for those that like the stock shift height, but want that short throw feel.

Your still getting used to it. It does not feel like it's in 2nd. I've heard this before. I'm glad you like it.

Here are the 2010 Shift Plates:
http://www.jamiesplanet.com/stsp/2010.htm

Last edited:
Is it possible to get a black one without the MAZDASPEED logo?

Is it possible to get a black one without the MAZDASPEED logo?

Sorry but no.

And there's more bad news.......No more logos.

All the 07'-09' MS3 kits, and the new design for the 2010 MS3 will look like this:

Available in Red, Blue, Black, Silver, and Yellow

black3.jpg

Last edited:
Back