Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to: install defrost vent gauge pod

Registered Member

2010 Mazdaspeed 3

Quote Originally Posted by special--k View Post
    anyone install this in Gen 2? same thing?
    I am getting this for the gen2. Once I figure it out I will post some pics or instructions.

Registered Member

Mazdaspeed3

Any update on Gen2 installs?

Registered Member

Mazda, MS3

Quote Originally Posted by Rubasu View Post
    you do not need to remove all of that to get the old vent out and the new one installed. you can access the screw holding the vent in but simply removing the the round a/c vent below it. grab inside the vent a bit with your fingers and tug and the vent part will come out of the cup in the dash. then grab the cup and twist it counter clockwise and pull and the cup will come out also as it is simply twist locked into place. then look into where the defrost vent is and at the front edge behind some foam is the screw. it is facing towards the front of the car so you will need to get at it with a small phillips head through the hole where the round vent was at. I installed my boost gauge in that defrost vent pod and wired it up using the switchs on the lower drivers side dash. you can find 12v switched, ground and illumination wires in those switches without having to run wires all the way over to the passanger side fuse box...
    For this install how did you fish the wires through to get it to the switches? Did you still have to remove the under side of the dash?

Registered Member

Mazda, MS3

Quote Originally Posted by Rubasu View Post
    you do not need to remove all of that to get the old vent out and the new one installed. you can access the screw holding the vent in but simply removing the the round a/c vent below it. grab inside the vent a bit with your fingers and tug and the vent part will come out of the cup in the dash. then grab the cup and twist it counter clockwise and pull and the cup will come out also as it is simply twist locked into place. then look into where the defrost vent is and at the front edge behind some foam is the screw. it is facing towards the front of the car so you will need to get at it with a small phillips head through the hole where the round vent was at. I installed my boost gauge in that defrost vent pod and wired it up using the switchs on the lower drivers side dash. you can find 12v switched, ground and illumination wires in those switches without having to run wires all the way over to the passanger side fuse box...
    Hmm I was able to twist it counter clockwise but it doesn't really pull out afterwards.

06 MS6 black mica GT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12