engine noise???

I just had this same problem on my 06 at 44K miles. Took it to the dealer and ending up with a brand new engine out of it. At first they said it was "some" spring in my engine. Well they ordered that part and when they replaced it all of a sudden no compression. It ran and drove just fine when I took it in for the repair but, somehow after they fixed it, it had no compression. Anyway, the dealer sent the info in to Mazda and they said to just give me a new engine. I'm pretty sure the dealer was the cause of me getting the new engine, due to negligence, but I would still take it in to get checked out. I dont know if this helps but this was my experience with this problem. Let me know what happens, I'm still curious as to how a different dealer would react to this problem.

got a real quick question.. when i start up my speed6 it revs up to 2,000-ish rpm and stays there and slowly goes back down to 1,000 rpm in about 1-2 minutes id say. This is my first manual transmission so im not sure, but is this something that happens in all manuals?? or is this something specific to the speed6?? or is there something wrong??

amillman, i don't think anything is wrong. Mine does the same thing when the engine is cold. Once it gets to operating temp it should drop down to about 700 rpm.

ok, yea mine only does that at the first start up when it is cold as you said. When it is warm it revs then goes right back down to about 700 rpm.. thanks guys.

Back