Sound Deadening?

Texansrcool2

:
2006 Mazda 6s
Does anyone know any sound deadening alternatives to Dynomat?

I know that Dynomat gets the job done, but its just too much money for me.

I have two twelves in my trunk and sound awesome on the inside, but on the outside all you hear is rattle rattle buzz buzz. Haha.

Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!

I don't know of any other brand that would compare in quality, I've seen some people put some stuff that honestly just looked like aluminum foil. There's Fatmat which I have no experience on but the prices would make me just shed out a few more bucks for dynamat.

There's some info here.

i sell/use dynamat at the store i work at. nothing compares to dynamat. it's alot thicker and more adhesive. I have worked with 2 other sound deadening products FatMat and 1 other from ebay that i cant recall. The fatmat was the worst thing i had ever worked with. i had 2 use 2-3 layers to equal 1 layer of dynamat. also the blue logos that are printed on the mat come off and smudge easily. by the time i was done with the trunk, my roller, hands, and clothes were blue and you couldn't read any of the logos on the mat. the car i did it on is actually my buddies and after 1 summer of having it in his car, it started falling down. i couldnt believe it. he wuz so upset he ended up buying a dynamat trunk kit from me.

o and on my speed6, all i did was the trunk lid and a lil bit of the trunk floor and make sure to do the license plate and put 4 screws in the plate to hold it from rattling. and also my gas cap was rattling like hell so i did that too. no more rattling for me.

o and on my speed6, all i did was the trunk lid and a lil bit of the trunk floor and make sure to do the license plate and put 4 screws in the plate to hold it from rattling. and also my gas cap was rattling like hell so i did that too. no more rattling for me.

yeah, if your tryin to save some money the best thing to do is find what rattles and use quality product on it.

if your tryin to increase output and cut down on road noise then go all the way and cover as much as you can. but as you said it gets expensive using dynamat.

i had a hatch once. it rattled like crazy and was very loud to drive. so went out on a limb and tried a brand off ebay called 'RBlox'. i got a 100 sq ft for pretty cheap.
no lables on it so no smearing. it adheared well and cut down on road noise a great deal. i only had the car for about a year after that so i cant speak for its longevity. but it worked none the less.

My local shop uses "hushmat". I don't think it's a bad product at all. It's thin, very durable, very heavy, and works great. It's also cheaper than a lot of other top brands out there and performs just as well. Seeing my local shop has won many Titles and Trophies with there Sound, Quality, and Performance, I think they know what they are doing with what they use.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input everyone!

A guy that works for a place called Custom Sounds down by me who has a 3i said he had to use a whole car kit on just his trunk to keep it from rattling!

I don't mind buying a little, but i can't afford too much of it.

(Teenagers salary) haha.

Back