Power Window Switch.

I own a Mazda 6 diesel estate car, 2006:
The problem I have is with the driver's door power window switch, which will not operate the nearside and rear windows; however, it operates the driver's window.
These three windows fully operate through their own switches.
I have swapped this power window switch with no changes in the operation.
If anyone has any ideas or has experienced a similar problem and rectified it, I would be very obliged to learn about it.
tedmurphy41.

I asked this same question earlier lol. It happens sometimes when the battery gets disconnected. Go to each window individually, hold the switch down for a few seconds, enough for it roll all the way down and then click, then do the same for up. It worked for me. Although once I had to take the key out and then put it back in for the trick to work. Let me know.

I asked this same question earlier lol. It happens sometimes when the battery gets disconnected. Go to each window individually, hold the switch down for a few seconds, enough for it roll all the way down and then click, then do the same for up. It worked for me. Although once I had to take the key out and then put it back in for the trick to work. Let me know.

+1

if it doesnt work going around to all the windows. try the above info on the dirvers side controls first then go around to all the windows. thats what i had to do for mine last time.

+1

if it doesnt work going around to all the windows. try the above info on the dirvers side controls first then go around to all the windows. thats what i had to do for mine last time.

Either order, i can't exaclty remember which one to do first but this should work. Let us know how it goes.

You have to go to each door first in order for them to work on the driver's side switch panel. It's the 'global window' safety feature.

you'll feel a lot more dumb when your arm is stuck in the window that's trying to go up but won't go back down on its own

when does this happen? ive owned 5 cars with power windows and none of them have ever tried to eat my arm

when does this happen? ive owned 5 cars with power windows and none of them have ever tried to eat my arm

That's because global windows are a safety function. If it detects excessive resistance, it puts the window back down.

I like the fact you can roll them all down with one touch, and you can put them down via the key fob.

That's because global windows are a safety function. If it detects excessive resistance, it puts the window back down.

I like the fact you can roll them all down with one touch, and you can put them down via the key fob.

yea the auto don is good, but i love the auto up. this is my first car to have it. ms3 doesnt and neither did my stealth. how do u do it with the key fob?

Thanks for everyone who offered suggestions to my window problem; however, the battery went flat so it is now on charge.
The statement that it is a dumb idea is, in part, correct as in asking why this setting should be lost on disconnecting the battery: the feature itself is inherently good with regard to safety especially with children as they seem to be able to put their vulnerable parts in potentially dangerous situations.
I would, however, ask Storm Trooper a question:
I roll the passenger window down fully and then 'click'. Can you explain this click operation to me fully? The rest of the information seems to be straightforward regarding the rest ot the windows. You will have to excuse my ignorance as I have never had an experience of "losing" window control due to a battery disconnection; by the way, this problem was on the car when I bought it from Car Giant, a car supermarket(no warranty), and I did not discover it until I used it a week later.
I have owned a 1986 Mazda 626 and a 1996 Honda Accord, my last car, and I had disconnected the batteries on these cars a few times with no problems.

By holding it up until it 'clicks' the window learns where the up position is. If it encountered something in the path that slowed it down, it would simply roll back down as a safety measure. You have to teach it every time the battery is dead/disconnected.

my post must have got skipped over. how do u put the windows down with the key fob?

my post must have got skipped over. how do u put the windows down with the key fob?

Press the unlock button twice then on the second press hold it down.

Not sure if it applies to the MS3 or not but i figure its the same if it has this feature.

cool beans.
You can also control windows with the lock on the door as well.

turn to lock and hold (windows up)
turn to unlock and hold (windows down)

edit: think i got that backwards.

Last edited:
are you able to change it to tunerdalton, so i can be like you haha jks. ms6acton would be nice tho

I always thought the auto down windows from the fob would be a useless feature, but I use it especially in the summer to help get the heat out of the car. Plus you look like Jedi doing the mind trick to put the windows down...(drunk)

Back