Dparks' NA build

Dparks7

:
Protege ES 03
Well i finally got her home. I blacked out all the turn signals and the wheels as well as badges. Installed a borla cat back, hi flow cat, and will do a header tomorrow. She has a mazda rebuilt 1.6l and a 97 tranny with better syncros and the 1.8 rear end with an open diff

Attachments

• P9140085.JPG
    P9140085.JPG
    691.1 KB · Views: 1,428
  • P9140086.JPG
    P9140086.JPG
    709.2 KB · Views: 514
  • P9140087.JPG
    P9140087.JPG
    925.6 KB · Views: 2,619
  • P9140088.JPG
    P9140088.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,616
Yay! A white NA. :)

I look forward to the built. Keep the updates coming.

it will be lowered but buying the actual car kinda kicked my bank accounts ass for a while haha. im going to get a suspension set up by the time its on the road in spring

Well i got me some Koni yellows and gc coilovers with 450 375 springs, got the springs used for 200 with the sleeves and the yellows for 400 shipped even. will post pics when installed prob next week. now im looking into seats, im thinking corbeau FX1s...any suggestions. also i found a FC rx7 steering wheel that is now in the car, its a little bigger in diameter which helps without with turning because the car has no power steering

Last edited:
That sounds like you've got a lot of oversteer in your future.

with rear springs that stiff compared to the front, you're going to want to disconnect the rear bar.

actually i drove the car the springs came off of and it was very tight but still not too much over or understeer, with the stock rear bar and bigger front bar

Sweet deal!! Seems you've got quite a bit knocked out already!

ya ive been working alot to get stuff for this car. i recently bought a 1.8 motor that will be built come spring and hopefully by next winter ill have an mp62 for that new engine

well i sold my 1.8 before i started building it. i picked up a sparco sprint v seat and now i have my sights set on a rotrex supercharger

Back