i'm stumped bad, please help

redthomas

heres the deal. i just bought a 99 626es. its a 2.0 4cyl. shortly after i bought it( a couple miles down the road) it threw a couple rods. i had the motor replaced. low miles and warranty on the motor. heres the trouble. when the maf was unplugged it ran close to normal but would stall sometimes, at redlights or just sitting still.i get a check engine light with a maf code. i tried disconnecting the batt as well as holding the break to reset the system as well. and for 10-15 mins the motor runs like a dream, then the crappy idle and lopeing starts, then when you restart the car, the check engin light is back. so i broke down and bought a new maf. undid the batt and hooked it up. drove 10 good miles and its stalls. i restart and i got a engine light again. today i tore into the throttle body. the idle motor sensor thing was nasty and had some corrosion so i cleaned it all out and reassembled. rehooked the maf put the batt back and started the car. i couldnt even hear it running. 10 mins later and the rough idle is back. i killed the engine, restarted and got the engine light back. so i unhooked the maf again and now the car is running ok, but not right. it bothers me cause the tranny shifts a little hard and it makes me feel uneasy cause i bought it for my 2 small children and i want it right. please help. oh. by the way. the car has 85k miles on it, and i replaced the fuel pump and filter as well as temeture sensors with a new maf. i didnt clean the egr cause i was'nt clear on where it was and how to do it. but the car baffles me cause it runs like a dream the just takes a dive. all in about 15 mins, everytime.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back