Anyone heard is Mazda has come up with anything on smoking turbos?

Zhos

:
2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring
After the "official" TSB above? Looks like the oils change is no fix at all. It removes the permanent smoking problem, but intermittent smoking is still present:(

Anybody knows who do I call or write to b**** about it?:)

when you find out be sure and let the board know.......personally I think its an inherent design problem with the turbo. I recently saw a fairly new Porsche do the same thing upon start up....starting to think its just a characteristic of having a turbo

I sure will. IMHO it it not an inherent design problem. If it were, there would be no turbo replacement in the TSB. Nobody will be making a car in which they will have to replace an expensive component under warranty due to an inherent problem. This is a design flaw of a particular engine, and hopefully will be fixed soon.

On another note, if you still want a CX-7 but with no turbo, get the 2010 model with a 2.5 liter engine. JUst remember, you will lose about 100 hp and will not get that much of fuel economy... Is it worth it?:)

the dealership just told me that the turbo is passing oil due to busted internal seals and has happened a lot in the cx-7. The problem for me was that I had to get the car to them while it was still smoking. finally the technician said to just get video next time on my cell phone and he would replace the turbo....I have a wonderful new turbo that doesn't smoke now

there were rumors that something was in the works by mazda, but at the rate their going, all our motors will blow b4 they come out with it so....yea

EDIT: sorry this is in the cx-7 section, so u guys will probably just smoke, the pcv needs to be replaced and the oil return line is too small, hence oil is seeping past the seals in the bearing assembly and going out your exhaust.

Last edited:
07' ms3 gt

mazda does not have the fix yet, i checked last fri.(personally know the mazda tech)and their is nothing.Now I have a cobb dp on which mazda does not like,so I might have to go stock to get this covered under warranty.I heard they want pictures. did anybody w/ an aftermarket dp have trouble w/ mazda ??

guys you are killing me.

see the sticky. all this information is the same across the DISI motors. basically the seals leak and allow oil by. the main things that cause it are ligher oils used for oil changes, downpipes creating less backpressure on the seals and the PCV system. the new seals in the new turbo are more resistant to these issues.

and exactly how are we killing you? Yes, we all know the reasons now. How do we fix it? or rather how do we get Mazda to fix it (I don't really want to get inside an engine that is still under warranty)? they are not really in a hurry to change the turbos...

the fact that the question is being asked even though the answer is right above you ;)

if you are still under warranty, all you have to do is take your car in, and explain the issue....i typically print out the TSB and bring it with me and use the exact "symptoms" that are listed in the TSB.

"Hi, my CX-7 has white/blue smoke coming from the exhaust pipes after prolonged idle periods and/or while driving in traffic at very slow speeds"

If they don't fix the issue or find the TSB after that, call Mazda NA and point out that the dealership did not follow a known fix to solve your problem.

You might have missed the fact that I originally asked if there was a permanent fix (the one that was promised in the TSB to appear within 90 days) finally announced... Changing oil to a heavier one is not it, and this is exactly what my dealership did. They changed the oil, the permanent problem disappeared, but the car smoked on at least one occasion after that. My dealership is quite cooperative, but I do not think they would be willing to replace the turbo until I (or them so they can show it) have proof that the car smoked even with the new oil, and that's the only reason I was asking if Mazda has come up with the fix.

The change to a heaver weight oil is only for testing purposes and used until new parts are ordered if needed. Then back to 5w30. We need to read the COMPLETE test procedure before jumping to erroneous conclusions.

i think i see what you are asking now.
you are asking if anything has been released for the PCV fix. i have not heard yet, no.

I don't believe that 5w-40 oil is going to fix a mechanical problem.I tried it in mine(along with every other so called fix) and it did nothing for me.my car is going to the dealer soon with an appointment and thay better fix the damn thing.toyota recalls trucks from a 10 yr span for rotted frames but mazda won't recall a stupid turbo that they know is bad!!bulls***!!

Well, noone issaying it's a permanent fix. i totally agree with you it's not going to fix anything. I noticed that even though I don't see smoke with the new oil, the oil level goes down noticeably between changes, and that did not happen before. I will be raising this issue with my dealer next time I'm there. Hope they come up with something at that point.

my car is going in to the dealer very soon and heard they aready want to know about mods and oil change receipts.who doesn't mod their car ??and who keeps receipts for oil changes??this thing is going back and I don't want it back untill it's permanantly fixed!!

my car is going in to the dealer very soon and heard they aready want to know about mods and oil change receipts.who doesn't mod their car ??and who keeps receipts for oil changes??this thing is going back and I don't want it back untill it's permanantly fixed!!

good luck. mazda has gotten bad with the "you must keep receipts" thing recently, so I have been keeping all my receipts and a very accurate spreadsheet of maintenance intervals. i recommend every does this.

as for the "who doesn't mod" i'd say probably 99% of the cars in the world aren't modded...at least in the mechanical realm.

Back