Mazda 2 idling problem

i have an issue where when i am stopped in my mazda 2 and my foot on the break.. my car begins to vibrate quite a bit.. as well as the revs drop below 1.. it drops to 0.5and the major issue is that my car makes this reallllyyyyyyy annoying constant loud chirping noise when stopped and in gear 'd'whats funny is when i turn the air con on.. my revs slowly start creeping up to near 1.. and the noise disappears!! my car has done nearly 19,000k..

ive been to mazda probably 4 times so far.. with every trip a bigger fail than the next..they are unable to locate what is causing these issues.. they have changed some pullys and belts but with no success.

i have another appointment coming up where they have booked me in at a time when the rep of mazda is coming in, so i can show him the issues..

feels like mazda is such a big fail..

any one else have these issues..??
Out of curiosity, did you or anyone else ever get this issue fixed? I have a 2013 model and it is doing the exact same thing. When I brought it into the dealer to have them check it they looked at me as if I were crazy, and then preceded to tell me that there was nothing wrong with the car...

Anyone find out what this issue is? My 2013 Mazda 2 is starting to do this. I looked at the engine while it was idling and it seems that the engine mount may be bad as there was a lot of engine movement.

Anyone find out what this issue is? My 2013 Mazda 2 is starting to do this. I looked at the engine while it was idling and it seems that the engine mount may be bad as there was a lot of engine movement.

I second this, anyone find anything about this issue? I've got a 2013 Mazda 2. Just turned 40,000 miles and it vibrates a bit more than it seems it should when idling. It does seem like the idle is a bit low too, like 550-600rpm. If I touch the throttle and raise it up to about 700rpm the vibration smooths out.

They're buzzy little cars. That's just how they are(to an extent).

They'll idle around 550-600rpm with AC off, and closer to 700-800 with AC on.

Almost for sure is going to be motor mounts if it truly is excessive, you can try loosening the pass side motor mount at the frame end, then slightly raise the engine and drop it back down(use a ton of rags piled on a floor jack carefully under the oil pan near a corner) to relieve any binding if present.

Also FWIW these cars' oe spark plugs dont last the whole 75k they should. I had misfires at idle at 50k, replacing them cleared up that issue and it ran noticeably smoother afterwards too.

Back