CP-E triple gauge pod for MS6 discussion

StormTrooper6

:
2006 Mazdaspeed6 Sport
Hey thought about getting the triple gauge pod from cp-e that replaces the stock cubby door on the dash. But I was seeing if anyone knew of where there is a write up for the install of the guages once you get the door on. I just need to know where people are feeding the wires through and where they hook up, pics would help a bunch. Thanks in advance.

yea, I'm definitely going for cp-e based on the reviews I've read. But before i buy it i was just wondering where people are putting the wiring through or if there's already a write up out there.

just wondering but does the cp-e pod use 52mm or 60mm gauges? i tried to look but it doesn't say on their site (uhm)

IIRC, they say it can be modified to fit 60mm gauges, but it comes out of the box for 52. I would probably avoid messing with it, given the price.

Yeah I have the CPE and its 52mm. You can shave the holes to make them fit larger gauges but just buy 52mm gauges. I drilled a hole in the rear of the compartment near the floor. Fed the lines through there and down between the A/C vents. Then I just fed them "left" underneath the steering wheel to their respective locations. I didn't take pictures during my install /:.

there is a how-to on this website. i found it very helpful when i installed the lotek. which i also think is crap. the fitment is not good and its not even close to matching anything in the car.

i am overly picky about things for my car though cuz other people seem to think it looks fine.

i'm interested in the cpe triple gauge pod to, but i wanna see some pics of it installed. theres nothing out there as far as i can find.
the pics on the site suck. i wanna see just how good it matches the dash material. IMHO, for 200 bucks it outta be perfect.

coyfish, you got any good high res pics of your gauge pod.

yea, definately choosing the cp-e. i've got this shop that i used to go to when i needed stuff installed. I'm gonna head over there in the morning and find out how much it is gonna take to install, and then on friday i'll order the parts once i get my paycheck. When everything is said and done i'll make sure to upload a bunch of pics for you because I am super picky as well and i need it to match perfectly and look like this thing was set up this way from the factory. (shady)

exactly, look factory. i want it to look like it came that way. and the lotek doesnt cut it.

and yes please post up some good hi res pics when your finished. it would be greatly appreciated.

if you dont find the how to feel free to pm me any questions. its actually really easy and i've been in and out of the center console three times cuz of a faulty gauge. so i have it down to a science. lemme know if i can be of some help.

I just can't fathom spending $200 on a gauge pod. CP-e has a tendency to be extremely expensive on their products, when they're not leaps and bounds better.

there is a how-to on this website. i found it very helpful when i installed the lotek. which i also think is crap. the fitment is not good and its not even close to matching anything in the car.

i am overly picky about things for my car though cuz other people seem to think it looks fine.

i'm interested in the cpe triple gauge pod to, but i wanna see some pics of it installed. theres nothing out there as far as i can find.
the pics on the site suck. i wanna see just how good it matches the dash material. IMHO, for 200 bucks it outta be perfect.

coyfish, you got any good high res pics of your gauge pod.

No high res pics. Just G1 (phone) pics. The gauge mount is really the only option for us. 200 bucks is a rip off but there are no other options. The lotek works fine but the finish doesn't look nearly as nice as the CPE. The CPE matches the color well but the pattern isn't EXACTLY the same and it is plastic. Had some friends in my car the other day and they thought the mount came with the car. Ill post some pics later this week.

Last edited:
Mistersix - yea, I most likely will have to just drop it off somewhere to get it done, i work too damn much to sit and do all of it. The hour or so that the cold air install took was almost too much lol. Once i find a place and get the parts probably going to have to do a drop-off-early-morning, pick-up-at-close type thing.

coyfish - getting anxious already for those pics(nailbyt)

Sorry but you guys are going to have to wait until this weekend. You can thank my G1 phone. Something is wrong with it and it won't let me send pics to my email account likes its supposed to.

I can tell you its a nice piece. It is plastic but they did a good job with the fitment / detail. They added those random imprints to make it look like the leather dash. Its really the only option that us speed 6 owners have for multiple gauge setups unless you feel like drilling.

200 bucks is overboard though.

true, $200 does seem a bit high. But you pay for what you want. We could go with the lotek, but from what I've heard so far, it looks like crap. If the CP-E pod looks nice enough, then i just might have to fork over the money.

Back