I got "shafted"!!!

JAZ32*PD*

:
2006 MAZDASPEED ATENZA G/T "CI"
Yesterday i was getting ready to leave my house and just as i was about to brush my teeth my horn starts going off like crazy and i try to start the car and the ignition wont turn over so i have to use the backup key to start it but the horn is still going off so i go under the hood and disconnect the battery "it finally stops" so i go inside the car to see if anything is wrong ,and i see smoke coming from the dash "at this point i am tripping out" i look at my gauge cluster and the needles are maxed out no power to it but it seemed as if there was a sudden short circuit to the cluster, so i hook the battery back up and the horn starts going off again so i disconnect the horn relay and it stops and i go to start the car "it starts" but the cluster is inoperative same with my signals and window switch so its down @ mazda right now getting check out but i was wondering if this has happened to anyone before???

have you been treating ur car good?

idk man be careful.. next thing could be throwing a rod.

you cant expect anything from these cars

lol

wow sucks man! like everyone else has said, let us kno once u find anything out

have you been treating ur car good?

idk man be careful.. next thing could be throwing a rod.

you cant expect anything from these cars

lol

yeah. car most likely threw a rod under the dash which made clutch harder to operate and then wear out thus causing the cdfp to max out and fail which in turn lead to your car running while it was off and making it start on fire.

no? would be cool though to see that exact series of events happen to someone elses non-mazda.

With that flag in your sig I assume your in Canada? Do you own a Canadian speed 6 or was it imported? I'd like to know incase I get similar problems in my MS6. Keep us updated...

WOW... not sure if you have some aftermarket wiring behind the dash somewhere, but it sounds like 2 power wires touched each other, created a short-circuit and began melting some wire skin (this would explain the smoke).

Similar thing happened to my old car with the NOS solenoids... a live wire touched the power wire to my NOS switch; smoke everywhere along with a bunch of clicking noises! I checked, and sure enough 2 wires that weren't supposed to be touching, were touching.

(iagree) Boo.

Definitely something to cause it to randomly do that without anyone around.. unless there was someone around and you didn't know it.. I give another vote for a little mouse or something chewing a wire that it shouldn't have.

Have you been wanting to trade ur car in or something. Or been thinking about other Imports....lol

The speed6 knows when something's up....haha

FINALLY GOT THE CAR BACK FROM MAZDA!!!! (2thumbs)

MY BCM (Body Control Module) SOMEHOW GOT SHORTED OUT AND I SWEAR HAD A SMALL EXPLOSION IN IT, THE WHOLE green circuit board was BLACK!!!

NO MAJOR DAMAGE DONE AND LUCKILY FOUND A FUSE BLOWN THAT WAS FOR THE GAUGE CLUSTER

BUT I REALLY GOT SHAFTED BY THE MAZDA DEALERSHIP $990.00 PARTs AND LABOR(butthump)

Back