Do you have power folding side mirrors?

Kazuya

Hi there!

I'm planning to add some power folding side mirrors to my baby, but there's not much to choose from here in europe, so I went looking into both the other sides of the world and I found several interesting solutions.

What would you choose? I found original mazda folding mirrors (or so I think) whichy cost 50$ each, is that a good solution? does anyone of you have a pair of those?

There's a tuning version, with side markers and led floor light, but these are way more expensive...so is it worth the price?

C'mon! no answers? that could only mean 2 things...1) you've all got power folding mirrors (which will make me hate u all :D) or 2) you don't give a damn about those :D

Sorry, not that important to me. The spaces at my office complex are wide enough to fit my Ram -- the Speed has plenty of room.

Sorry, not that important to me. The spaces at my office complex are wide enough to fit my Ram -- the Speed has plenty of room.

Well...look. He's in Europe. Their roads and parking spaces are tiny and make the MS3 look like a minivan. Its very common to park on the side of the road in town and have your mirror get swiped off.

OP... to my knowledge, i dont think there is a power folding mirror setup or atleast havnt heard of anyone installing them. You may have to just deal with just folding them everytime you park.

Well...look. He's in Europe. Their roads and parking spaces are tiny and make the MS3 look like a minivan. Its very common to park on the side of the road in town and have your mirror get swiped off.

OP... to my knowledge, i dont think there is a power folding mirror setup or atleast havnt heard of anyone installing them. You may have to just deal with just folding them everytime you park.

I installed the Speedline mirrors and like them a lot:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123739307

I've had these mirrors installed for about 2 months now and absolutely love them. I finally got around to taking some pictures of them. They have integrated turn signals, and LED puddle lights. I have it set up so they open and close with the ignition but the wiring possibilities are endless.

The mirrors themselves are heated and work awesome. I already had OEM heated mirrors so this is one thing I did not want to give up when making the switch to these mirrors. The mirrors are also wide angled mirrors that have two sections to them. They are also blue tinted and personally I think they look great!

I purchased them directly from Speedline and got a MUCH lower price than what they advertise and any vendors could offer.

Close up of LED turn signals and mirrors open:
Mazdaspeed3Pictures073.jpg

Mazdaspeed3Pictures074.jpg

Mirrors closed:
Mazdaspeed3Pictures094.jpg

Close of LED puddle lights: These shine bright at night and illuminate the entire area around the doors. It's a nice touch and they work with the dome light.
Mazdaspeed3Pictures095.jpg

Wide angle, blue tinted mirrors:
Mazdaspeed3Pictures071.jpg

Mazdaspeed3Pictures089.jpg

Mazdaspeed3Pictures090.jpg

Mazdaspeed3Pictures093.jpg

Overall shots:
Mazdaspeed3Pictures076.jpg

Mazdaspeed3Pictures077.jpg

Mazdaspeed3Pictures088.jpg

EDIT:

Night shots as requested. Sorry I don't have access to a tripod where I am at right now. When I get home I will take better night pics. The pictures do not do the lights justice. The puddle lights are much brighter in person as are the signals.

P4104007.jpg

P4104008.jpg

P4104010.jpg

P4104012.jpg

P4104020.jpg

I installed the Speedline mirrors and like them a lot:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123739307

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!:D it's great to hear some good opinions about this babies! (specially the discount part :D).

Element, could you please take a photo of the interior, where the folding control is supposed to be? Does it come along with the mirrors or you have to buy it apart?

Thanksssssss!!! that helped!

Hey element, I've been searching the net and can't find no speedline mirrors...would it be possible for you to post some links?thanks a lot! :D

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!:D it's great to hear some good opinions about this babies! (specially the discount part :D).

Element, could you please take a photo of the interior, where the folding control is supposed to be? Does it come along with the mirrors or you have to buy it apart?

Thanksssssss!!! that helped!

They do send you an OEM looking illuminated switch. I didn't use the switch, but instead have it wired so whenever the car is locked by remote they close, and open when unlocked.

You can wire them many different ways. Before I had them wired right to the ignition so they would open and close with the car being turned on and off.

Hey element, I've been searching the net and can't find no speedline mirrors...would it be possible for you to post some links?thanks a lot! :D

Iguanaboy posted a link.

I bought them off Ebay. A little nervous buying off Ebay, but they came in perfect condition, and their customer service is top notch.

EDIT - I've had these mirrors through a winter and summer now, and they still open and close like they did when brand new. They work great and I have no complaints.

Do the mirrors come with installation instructions for the different wiring methods, or can you post them or what?

Well, it can't be THAT difficult to make a wiring diagram of it. Element, what kind of supply do they need? constant 12v? constant negative? they open when they get +12V and close when ground?...that should be enough for us to draw out a diagram.

Back