Suspension knock or clunk on Driver's side front 2008 Mazda 5 GT

You are describing the stabilizer(sway) bar bushings. It's simple to service yourself or you can have a mechanic do it in 15 minutes tops. A Mazda dealer that replaces struts for that is staffed by idiots. Regarding the other rattles, the stock size tires and especially the stock brand are prone to causing so many rattles because they are hard. Put 215s on and you won't have all of the rattles during driving. Hell, any car will rattle with tiny hard tires on it.

Thanks, I'll bring it in and ask them to check out the sway bar bushings. Currently running 205/55R16 Dunlops for better ride comfort. The squeaks seem like they're plastic related, I'll get them to check the interior paneling to see if a clip has fallen out or something.

I have a 2002 Protege that just recently started "thumping" on my drivers side as well, right now it is only prominent when I turn right I was told it might be a ball joint (?) & as I know NOTHING about cars I was wondering if this could be possible ? and if not might there be any suggestions as to what this might be ? Thanks to all whom respond without sarcasm lol since again I know nothing about cars.....lol Oh and what exactly is a "TSB" ?

I have a 07 with about 70,000 miles ,also has a bumping sound sounds like in the upper strut .I live on a dirt drive way ,it bumps at every small hole or dip in the drive.the shop says it the sway bar bushings ,It sounds on the upper part of the strut not the lower part.

After replacing all the wear items on the sway bar I found this TSB.

TSB 02-007/06 Noise from front or rear suspension when passing over a bump or driving on uneven road.

The rear coil springs may have shifted in the spring seat rubber and/or upper spring pocket in the rear crossmember, and causing the spring to rub against the cross member. This noise will most likely occur with the rear seat occupied and can sound like a squeak or knock when going over a bump or a rattle when driving at a steady speed over uneven road surface. The problem on early models is the arc-welding bead in the spring pocket on the crossmember where it makes contact with the spring seat rubber is protruding too much, causing the spring seat rubber to be pushed out of position. The arc-welding bead also prevents the rubber from going back to its initial position. On later models, the spring seat rubber is the problem.

Just started on mine

2012 Mazda5 -82,000 miles

Only clunks when front goes over speed bumps

Mine has started aswell. It started happening about couple weeks ago itll go away while im driving but when i start my car in the morning and cover over the bumps in my neighborhood i hear that clubking sound coming from the passenger front side. Once im on the freeway and hit like a dip i dont hear it. Also when i pull up the drive way there is a slight clunk but faint. Not sure where to start. Im on tein coilovers btw and have 58k

90210 did you get your clunking sound fix?

yes

Search threads started by me
I documented all parts
My car good as new
Just turned 90k on my 12.

Which thread was it cuz i tried looking through the thread your started and one of them is the shocks but im on coilovers and im really hoping i dont have to rebuild the teins

Back