Big Brakes for CHEAP!

indymx6

I hadn't seen the thread around here so just wanted to give a heads up. The mazda 6 brakes including the MS6 are direct bolt on to our cars.

03-05 Mazda 6 => 11.1" rotors=> Fits no problem with a 16" wheel
06-07 Mazda 6 => 11.8" rotors=> Fits no problem with a 16" wheel
06-07 MazdaSpeed 6 => 12.2" rotors=> Must have a 17" wheel minimum

The mx6 and probe guys have been doing them and the protege calipers and brakes bolt right on meaning that it would be a direct fit over here as well.

I have the 06-07 brakes on my MX-6 and my buddy has the MS6 brakes on his first gen probe.

I honestly feel that for the difference in price and performance the 06-07 set up is where to be. It cost me $350 for both front calipers from Rockauto and You can source the rotors from anywhere. My buddy paid about 700-800 for the ms6 set up. Size wise and for the difference in pad size im happy with my decision.

Delete this if its a repost in here. Thanks mods!

Has anyone on here done this yet? If so, I have 2 questions:

1) Pics?

2) Do you need a 929 brake booster to compensate?

you do not need to upgrade your master cylinder. They are actually pretty similar in size. the pad size is huge though. The difference in braking power is incredible.

any cold hard facts that the msp brakes/brackets/calipers are the same?

i'd like to get the speed6 stuff.

pictures with it on a protege maybe?

protege calipers? meaning we would leave the stock calipers on, and just upgrade the rotor size? That doesn't seem right. what pads are then used? I'm confused.

protege calipers? meaning we would leave the stock calipers on, and just upgrade the rotor size? That doesn't seem right. what pads are then used? I'm confused.

pretty sure he means that since the protege calipers bolt on, the speed 6's fit.. that they'd bolt up too.

so i priced it out, you could have a front BBK for around $550 not including shipping. or you could have BBK all the way around for ~$1000. that's with rotora rotors and ebc pads

the would be a direct fit you take off your calipers and bolt on the mazda 6 calipers and rotors.

BEFORE
IMG_1114.jpg

AFTER
IMG_1118.jpg

Comparison
IMG_1116.jpg

These are the 06-07 rotors and calipers the MS6 rotors are marginally bigger and the calipers are different also.

WOW THAT LOOKS SWEET ILL HAVE TO SAVE SOME MONEY, but what do you mean by the ebrake cable not fitting correctly.

i also want to know if the stock protege lines will bolt up to the swapped calipers. also since the MS6 and the MS3 use the same set up will the MS3/MZ3 brakes fit also?

I'd assume they're all interchangable based on this... but I don't plan to use the stock line... just wanna know which stainless line to get.

Back