Big Brakes for CHEAP!

looks like you didnt even receive rotors for the mz6, period......
I'd try to contact the seller and raise hell, get them to send you the correct rotors, and new pads since I wouldnt re-use those anymore

Finally got the mazda 6 rotors, OEM to make sure they fit jeje, if somebody wants to make the mazda 6 05 swap I have the rotors power slots almost new.

Attachments

• new rotor.jpg
    new rotor.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 426
bumping this one up because I made an epic mistake and forgot to take note of exactly which rotors/calipers/pads I bought for this upgrade. Thank God I posted up what brake setup I bought in a previous post.

Only posting this here to give you guys a heads-up to remember to write down exactly the model/year Mazda6 (MS6 or M6) you did the swap from so you can know what to replace.

A little update about the brakes... I'm probably at least 30k+ miles on this setup and the fronts still have tons of meat left on the pads. I'm only looking to do brakes because my rears (stock ES rears) started grinding last night and now my rotor is gouged. Looks like pad failure. Anyway I'm taking this opportunity to replace the brakes at all corners with zinc plated d/s just for a better look.

Last edited:
FYI, if you check my for sale thread, I have a set of Mazdaspeed 6 calipers and ebrake cable for sale. as well as a bunch of other parts!

Seeing how this thread is almost 3 years old, does anyone know if they vendors straightened out their part numbers? I usually order everything from rock auto and they say they have calipers and rotors but I am skeptical.

Also does anyone know the diameters for the rear brakes?

Rears:
MS6- 12.35 in
MZ61- 11"
MZ62-
MSP/626
and hell even ES

Last edited:
Seeing how this thread is almost 3 years old, does anyone know if they vendors straightened out their part numbers? I usually order everything from rock auto and they say they have calipers and rotors but I am skeptical.

Also does anyone know the diameters for the rear brakes?

Rears:
MS6- 12.35 in
MZ61- 11"
MZ62-
MSP/626
and hell even ES

I'm not sure about the rotors, but I ordered calipers about a year ago from Rock Auto and they fit the MSP.

Last edited:
I ordered calipers for a ms6 from rock auto. I got mz6 calipers. Said fomoco on them. First sign on non ms6 calipers

Would it even be worth to do the swap if i got the mazda pro ES? Since im due on my pads and rotors..

Got Centric Rotors (blank) and Stop Tech Ceramic pads from Jeff@ Proparts USA. AWESOME deal. Puts my total front brake package to $215 without brake fluid.

Can anybody confirm I have an map and I was looking for a ksport big break kit but they according to the ksport website aren't made for msp. But then I googled it and found some that said they were for the msp. I looked up the part number on the ksport website and it said that the kit was for a Mazda 323. Does anybody know if this kit fits the protege?

Last edited:
The rears do bolt up but the ebrake cable doesn't fit correctly it might work on a protege not sure.

What has everyone done in the back to have the ebrake fit ? I have read lots about the break upgrade but not much mention of the rear brakes.

Can anybody confirm I have an map and I was looking for a ksport big break kit but they according to the ksport website aren't made for msp. But then I googled it and found some that said they were for the msp. I looked up the part number on the ksport website and it said that the kit was for a Mazda 323. Does anybody know if this kit fits the protege?

323 is a protege.

Back