AWD Badge

Production Date - AWD Badge or not
------------------------------------------------
Dec/2008 - No
July 2009 - Yes

Seems like the switch over date is somewhere in between.
Anyone else?

Production Date - AWD Badge or not
Dec/2008 - No
April/2009 - Yes
Anyone else?

I finally got around to checking my mfg date and it was 04/09, so looks like April was the month they switched over.

Sometime between Dec/2008 and April/2009.
That is what the data shows at this point.

I noticed the badge a bit ago to my surprise.. .since I have an 07... it's not listed until the '10 year model.. .tho they're obviously produced in the second half of the 09 productions... the current part number is #TE71-51-781 CX9 (not in stock in the warehouses just yet... ) and #EH46-51-781B for the CX7...

For those of you who want to add the AWD badge to an '07 or '08, the rear liftgate is not the same as the '09. The '07 and '08 have a higher and more obvious outward flare across the bottom. In fact, the crease is about the distance below the CX-9 badge as the AWD badge is positioned on the '09.

Does anyone know of a good way to remove a dealers badge? Mine is just a flat silver foil type badge held on with some type of adhesive.

I always tell them not to apply one when I purchase. If it's already on I make them take it off before I leave the lot.

A hair dryer can help remove the sticker too. Heat up the adhesive, then slowly peel.

I just purchased one for my 08 awd. I don't care to show off, but when you're driving through chain-control areas in the Sierra, the cops will often look at the badge to determine if you have AWD or not. Much cheaper and easier than having to put on chains!

Does anyone know of a good way to remove a dealers badge? Mine is just a flat silver foil type badge held on with some type of adhesive.

Just have to use brute force and rip it off. Then you have to use products to remove the leftover adhesive. Be careful that you don't use anything that would take the clear off or the paint off. Goo Gone is great for this type of thing, I've used it on several of my cars.

I heard that people blow dry it to heat the glue up, then, use a strong wire (such as piano wire) to cut through the gap.

I used wax coated dental floss to take off my dealer spam emblem. A little bit of Goo Gone cleaned off the remaining glue.

I heard that people blow dry it to heat the glue up, then, use a strong wire (such as piano wire) to cut through the gap.

if it's a flat vinyl decal, then just heat it up with a hair blow drier, and pick at a corner and lift.

Back