Belt tensioner

Hyun

Banned
I get rattle, marble tumbling sound. I am going on a road trip and trying to fix this before i leave. I believe this part is covered under power train warranty right? I am past 36k.

I get rattle, marble tumbling sound. I am going on a road trip and trying to fix this before i leave. I believe this part is covered under power train warranty right? I am past 36k.

That was me, nice MS3 man!

I don't think its covered... Zimmer (member here) just had to replace it and had to pay for it..

do you know how much he paid?

I am confused.

The listed below are the powertrain components covered under the Powertrain Limited Warranty:

Engine
Cylinder Block, Cylinder Head, and All Internal Lubricated Parts (Piston engines)
Rotor Housing and All Internal Parts (Rotary engines)
Timing gears
Timing chain/belt and tensioner
Timing chain/belt front cover and gaskets
Flywheel
Valve Covers
Oil Pan
Oil Pump
Intake Manifold
Exhaust Manifold
Engine Mounts
Turbocharger Housing and All Internal Lubricated Parts
Supercharger Housing and All Internal Lubricated Parts
Powertrain Control Module
Water Pump and Gasket
Thermostat
Fuel Pump
Seals and Gaskets
Freeze Plugs were not added
Transmission and Transaxle
Transmission Case and All Internal Parts
Torque converter
Clutch Pressure Plate
Transmission Mounts
Transfer Case and All Internal Parts
Transmission/Transaxle Control Module
Front/Rear Drive System
Final Drive Housing & all Internally Lubricated Parts
Manual and Automatic Hub (4X4)
Front Wheel Hubs and Bearings (FWD Transaxles)
Rear Axle Housing & all Internally Lubricated Parts
Axle/Drive Shafts
Propeller shaft (RWD and AWD only)
Universal Joints
Constant Velocity Joints
Rear Axle/Hub Bearings (RWD and AWD only)
Seals and Gaskets

Last edited:
THAT timing belt/chain tensioner is the internally-lubricated one. Isn't there an external one for the serpentine belt? Most vehicles have 'em these days.

hmmm I don't know the exact amount but I think it was close to 300 bucks.

The part alone is 148 bucks (115 on onlinemazdaparts.com) so add a new belt and the labor.

how bout clutch chatter..is it covered in the power train? i hear chatter in neutral and whines from 1st to 3rd gear, but when I fully depress the clutch pedal the noise goes away. car has 50k miles.

other than the noise the clutch bites as normal. also my clutch engagement point is lower than when i first got the car. before the engagement point is 1/4 way up from the floor. now it's like 2 inches from fully pressed it starts bite.

other than the noise the clutch bites as normal. also my clutch engagement point is lower than when i first got the car. before the engagement point is 1/4 way up from the floor. now it's like 2 inches from fully pressed it starts bite.

I would change the fluid in the tranny, might be the cause of the whine. But the chatter might be something to get looked at before the powertrain runs out. Clutches that are worn aren't covered passed 12000 miles, but not sure if they cover mechanical problems with the clutches, though doesn't hurt to get it looked at.

I would change the fluid in the tranny, might be the cause of the whine. But the chatter might be something to get looked at before the powertrain runs out. Clutches that are worn aren't covered passed 12000 miles, but not sure if they cover mechanical problems with the clutches, though doesn't hurt to get it looked at.

Thanks. That's something I'd do in the near future. Mt90 or royal purple I guess.

Back