Voltage Regulator

my brother in law says that they are built in the alternator but that they are replaceable on benzes (hes a mercedes mech) without having to buy a whole new alternator and obviously im hoping this is the case with my car too

Sorry to thread jack but i have a 03 protege and at times the headlights will dim then go back to normal. I was thinking that this could be because of the voltage regulator. Could that be causing the problem or it it something else?

Yes, in the alternator, guessing it's part of why our alternators are insanely priced.

The ECU has the regulator function. I have not seen one (or very very few) fail for that. 99X it is the alternator going bad or a battery with a bad cell.

When are the headlights dimming? Windows going up? Or just random? Everytime at idle? 2Gigawatt Stereo cranked up?

The power system on our cars is 'weak' so any big draw will cause the headlights to dim (themselves a big draw).

can anyone give some insight on changing the alternator? What was the best method of getting it out of the car? IT doesnt look like Ive got a ton of room to work with

Latest posts

Back