New 2010 (and intro)

ajpags

New to the Speed3 entirely, so I jumped in with both feet and bought a new one last night.

2010 - Black - will leave it stock for a long time as it's my daily drive. The interior is a little hokey, but will grow on me. The dash layout and features are definitely a bit nicer than the previous gen in my limited experience.

Car is tight, handles well, and makes me grin.
Speed3

A couple more pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/AJPags/Speed3#

Yes!

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new ride! I don't care what anyone else around here says...it's a nice car.

I am now moving this thread to the 2010 section...

I love this car.. The front is growing on me. Im not crazy for the smiley face and how round and how it bumps out. But I sitll love it. The hood scoop I feel saves it. And all the curves of the styling is soo nice. I love it.. I might head to a dealership soon to see if I can atleast test drive it.. Dunno if Imma get it anytime soon tho.. Dunno if I can even get it lol. Would havta wait..

Ya know - in black, the smiley isn't all that noticeable, and even in silver, they made it a slightly different silver, so it's also not all that noticeable.

Doesn't bother me one bit, and I'm one of the few that chose a new 2010 over the 09 generation based on looks since they're roughly equivalent functionally speaking.

Ya know - in black, the smiley isn't all that noticeable, and even in silver, they made it a slightly different silver, so it's also not all that noticeable.

Doesn't bother me one bit, and I'm one of the few that chose a new 2010 over the 09 generation based on looks since they're roughly equivalent functionally speaking.

I heard with the black that the black kinda hides the curves and everything of the car.. is that true in person??

I heard with the black that the black kinda hides the curves and everything of the car.. is that true in person??

Not true at all - in fact, in certain light, I think it accentuates the curves of the car.

The tail lights stick out a bit, which is sort of interesting - not bothersome, but worthy of note.

Got to rip it through a good set of turns this morning on the way to work. It's a very capable little car, that's for sure!

Yeah, black only show's the lines in certain light, and if the car is clean(rofl)

I have a black mica 08 Speed3 and I could barely see the lines. I have seen pics of the old and new speed3s and I think silver and white are the best to show off the curves of the body.

Yeah, black only show's the lines in certain light, and if the car is clean(rofl)

Pretty sure my car won't ever be "clean" enough to show the lines then - but I don't care, it's a driver, and as such will be driven and loved the way machines, not museum pieces, should be.

Nice MS3! Mine looks eerily similar... ;) I agree that this car looks great in black, and is the primary reason I started considering a 2010 when I saw it at the dealer. I had a quote for an '09 MS3 Grand Touring before I arrived, and after I saw and drove this one, I decided I'd try talking numbers on it. I probably would have still pursued the '09 if it didn't have the Tech package, though, which overall gave the car a few more features than the '09 base GT has (almost impossible to find one with NAV). No HIDs/LEDs of course, but that doesn't bother me.

nice catch, everyone is startin to pick up on blacks cuzz it sort of hides the signature joker face well say hello dirt and get a club card @ your local car wash.

nice catch, everyone is startin to pick up on blacks cuzz it sort of hides the signature joker face well say hello dirt and get a club card @ your local car wash.

Ouch - now that's just downright mean!

Would love to compare purchase numbers with someone else that didn't get the tech package...

Back