My New Touch Screen

RichB

:
2007 Cosmic Blue Mazdaspeed 3 GT
What do you guys think?

IMG_1317.jpg

Last edited:
how is this unit when compared to the double din pioneers, kenwoods ect?? what options does it hve for audio tuning, like built in crossovers, eq sets ect? Overall if someone was looking to pu a system in their car and was looking for some good sound but was on a budget would you recommend this?

Last edited:
sooo....can i have your old OEM one?

well....I didn't get the touch screen with GPS.

how is this unit when compared to the double din pioneers, kenwoods ect?? what options does it hve for audio tuning, like built in crossovers, eq sets ect? Overall if someone was looking to pu a system in their car and was looking for some good sound but was on a budget would you recommend this?

The only reason I got this unit was because I wanted to keep my Bose amp for the mids and get features like built in bluetooth and a 7" touch screen. Plus I want to get Magden Gauges one day. If I was going to go all out with a system I think this will be fine if you got a different amp for the mids and highs and bypassed the Bose. There aren't many EQ adjustments on this thing but it can all be done right by tweaking the amp.

How long did it take to get ?

2 Weeks after I ordered it it was in my car.

Last edited:
The only reason I got this unit was because I wanted to keep my Bose amp for the mids and get features like built in bluetooth and a 7" touch screen. Plus I want to get Magden Gauges one day. If I was going to go all out with a system I think this will be fine if you got a different amp for the mids and highs and bypassed the Bose. There aren't many EQ adjustments on this thing but it can all be done right by tweaking the amp.

2 Weeks after I ordered it it was in my car.

Who makes this unit?

Keep us/me updated on how you like it and how everything works. I am interested in this and might take the plunge..

So did you lose the voice on the OEM navi? How about your trip comp? Does your steering wheel control still function? I've been planning to do this as well but don't want to take away any features it has beforehand.

So did you lose the voice on the OEM navi? How about your trip comp? Does your steering wheel control still function? I've been planning to do this as well but don't want to take away any features it has beforehand.

I still have voice on the OEM Navi. I had to modify the wiring harness so the Bose amp remote signal comes on with ignition.

I lost everything on the stock radio LCD screen except for the climate control info. I wish I had my MPG info still but I have integrated bluetooth now which is better for me.

Everything on the steering wheel control functions except for the mute button. There is a mute symbol on every page so it's easy enough to tap it when I want to.

I still have voice on the OEM Navi. I had to modify the wiring harness so the Bose amp remote signal comes on with ignition.

I lost everything on the stock radio LCD screen except for the climate control info. I wish I had my MPG info still but I have integrated bluetooth now which is better for me.

Everything on the steering wheel control functions except for the mute button. There is a mute symbol on every page so it's easy enough to tap it when I want to.

Hi man I get the speed 2008 and have the same tocuhscreen but as you said the harness is not the correct pin out for the speed. We can see the touch screen in http://www.witson.com is a china company made the oem for mazdas any way my question is if you have the pin out of your connections because I tried to connect the screen and the speakers didnt sound.

cheers

Hi man I get the speed 2008 and have the same tocuhscreen but as you said the harness is not the correct pin out for the speed. We can see the touch screen in http://www.witson.com is a china company made the oem for mazdas any way my question is if you have the pin out of your connections because I tried to connect the screen and the speakers didnt sound.

cheers

My problem with the sound was that the Bose amp wasn't getting a remote signal to tell it to turn on.

If you don't have Bose (GT Models) I don't know if I can help.

Last edited:
My problem with the sound was that the Bose amp wasn't getting a remote signal to tell it to turn on.

If you don't have Bose (GT Models) I don't know if I can help.

Yes I have the Bose System with 6 cds this is the output that I get in the Bose harness

Attachments

• pinout-stereo.bmp
    1.5 MB · Views: 334
Yes I have the Bose System with 6 cds this is the output that I get in the Bose harness

Perfect you already have the pinout! All you have to do is connect pin 10 to a power source and it will work. This will tell the Bose amp to turn on.

What do you guys think?

IMG_1317.jpg

Hey RichB...

Im very happy to find someone who have the same All in one device that i got...i have many things to ask you about but mainly, did you manage to do any modifications with the software ?

Waiting for your reply.

Attachments

• IMAGE_194.jpg
    IMAGE_194.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 340
  • IMAGE_195.jpg
    IMAGE_195.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 350
Back