Foggy/moisture inside headlight

I did not time to work on the car yet, plus high heat here in Texas right now. However I plan to work on it in the next two weeks or so.

Basically it is a common issue, and you may not even need to replace the ballast unit if it can be dried out successfully.

One needs to loosen/partially remove the front bumper and then remove the headlight unit, under the headlight unit is the ballast. some people have then taken it off and dried it out - and then used silicon sealer to prevent water back into it again in the future.

I have a new OEM ballast which I will use when I get around to fixing it soon.

I'm going to do the work myself, I'll be more careful doing the work myself anyway.

Just an update, I got it fixed today.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123842872-Have-any-of-you-you-removed-the-main-headlight-unit-before&p=6338615&viewfull=1#post6338615

Was told by dealer that the condensation in the lights are "normal". Mazda put out a bulletin stating it is acceptable and not a warranty item. WTH? Extended condensation can corrode the connector to the bulbs. Never in my car ownership lifetime have I been told that condensation in light housing is "normal"!

Back