Constanly Flashing Red Light!

7zimmer7

:
MazdaSpeed 6 GT
I don't have my owners manual next to me but the red light in the dash that is a pic of a car with a key on the inside constantly flashes, locked or unlocked, no matter how long i let it sit...it still flashes. the batter in my key is brand new and works..usually... is this something i should talk to my dealership about or is this normal? it's an 06 MS6 GT with the Credit Card key. the little light on the key seems to flash every now and then also, usually after i use the key's button to unlock the car. i only have 18k on the car and that key disapoints me some days.

Your key battery is dying. Replace it and it should go away.

re: the dash light: there is nothing wrong with your car. The icon is telling you your "anti-theft immobilizer" is activated. Every Mazda 6 will flash that on the dash after the car is locked.

Can't tell you about the fob.

Last edited:
re: the dash light: there is nothing wrong with your car. The icon is telling you your alarm is activated. Every Mazda 6 will flash that on the dash after the car is locked.

Can't tell you about the fob.

The green key is for the fob, not the red light. That is the alarm. Totally misread that this morning when I replied.

Yes, it's just the anti-theft system. Anytime the car isn't running, it'll flash every few seconds. That's normal.

Back