HID lights for my 2003 Protege

Heres my car with the 6K TSPNY HID Kit
PICT0334.jpg

PICT0335.jpg

I'll post some pictures up later today and show you what it looks like put together. Its really just a plug and play set up.
Hey I just got the same kit.

Can you tell me how did u install yours? do i need to buy any extra accesories ?

You will not need any extra accessories,I slipped my wires through my grommet. You can see in the picture where I connected the HID lamp wires which connect to the ballast and in the next I connected the standard lamp connector to my ballast (circled in red). putted the bonnet back on and then your done. Its kind of a cut and dry set up ,really simple, I hope these pictures help.
PICT0347.jpg

PICT0343-1.jpg

Last edited:
I've run multiple kits, Apexcone, TechOne, and Raptor (by DDMtuning)

Google DDMTuning and their raptor kit (for like $35 plus shipping) works just as well as my $120 (at the time) Apexcone kit

edit- just read MP3. . . . you are gonna want the bi-xenon kit (NOT THE KIT with just a halogen bulb attached for the high beam) so it'll cost more for you

Thanks for the links.

I've run multiple kits, Apexcone, TechOne, and Raptor (by DDMtuning)

Google DDMTuning and their raptor kit (for like $35 plus shipping) works just as well as my $120 (at the time) Apexcone kit

edit- just read MP3. . . . you are gonna want the bi-xenon kit (NOT THE KIT with just a halogen bulb attached for the high beam) so it'll cost more for you

Where's this bi-xenon kit? http://www.ddmtuning.com/catalog/HID_Kits-85-1.html

I think do want a low/high beam capabilities. Do most of you guys get that?

hmm.....i don't think the Raptor kit is offered in bixenon, just hi/low (which is just a halogen 55watt bulb stuck to the side of the HID bulb

I know retrosolutions (google it) sells a legit H4 bixenon kit with solinoid and a sleeve that covers/uncovers part of the bulb for a true bixenon HID low and high beam from one bulb

hmm.....i don't think the Raptor kit is offered in bixenon, just hi/low (which is just a halogen 55watt bulb stuck to the side of the HID bulb

I know retrosolutions (google it) sells a legit H4 bixenon kit with solinoid and a sleeve that covers/uncovers part of the bulb for a true bixenon HID low and high beam from one bulb

bypass all this, talk to xenonexpert in the AV section. he'll set you up with exactly what you need.

I have a Xentec bixenon H4 6000K kit in the MSP, and I just bought a DDM kit for the gf's jeep, 9006, single bulb, 5000K.

lol. . . . don't let her see a projector retrofitted set of headlights. . . .

ask me how i know

and to think it all started when i bought myself a set of Silverstar Ultras that kept going out. She could care less and thought her stock setup was fine. . . then i got a plug and play HID kit. . . . then she had to have one. . . then i got projectors. . .. .then she had to have em. . . .

then i upgraded to yellow bulbs in the foglights. . . then she had to have em. . . . then i got a MSP lip. . . then she had to have one. . . . then i had projector foglights with HID's. . . . then she had to have em. . . .etc. etc. etc.

lol. . . . don't let her see a projector retrofitted set of headlights. . . .

ask me how i know

and to think it all started when i bought myself a set of Silverstar Ultras that kept going out. She could care less and thought her stock setup was fine. . . then i got a plug and play HID kit. . . . then she had to have one. . . then i got projectors. . .. .then she had to have em. . . .

thats aright... I'll do whatever mods to her jeep she wants to pay for. The first one was free...

Back