My msp timeline/story (pic heavy)

MSP2024

:
2003.5 MAZDASPEED PROTEGE
i had another thread but it sucked so ill start a new one cuz im bored i hope you all are too cuz there is alot of s*** haha

i bought the car in june 07, i had no intention on buying a new car but after driving my friends mp3 around i could not pass it up when i found it at the dealership, while signing the papers i already got on SU and ordered an injen intake haha
t.jpg

first day i had it
added a few more mods
BAY.jpg

BUMP.jpg

upgraded smic hard pipes and hks bov
INTAKEMANI.jpg

626 mani
e.jpg

and the corksport power series exhaust i also dropped it on tein stech springs
TAG.jpg

CARBRIG.jpg

HPIM0415.jpg

added more hose and polished the heatshield
0023.jpg

HPIM0416.jpg

003.jpg

removed the lip and painted the rims black
l_9a502cb2f5754410abfe7f96af899e6b.jpg

boost and airfuel gauges added
broke.jpg

broke1.jpg
my friend
in may 2008 i snapped the lsd 400 miles from home with out a cell phone after getting a speeding ticket, got my step dad to come pick me up with a trailer, got a speeding ticket in the dodge,blew 2 tires on the trailer, got a ticket for not having working lights on the trailer had to buy new ones of those it was quite the trip haha

christam 2008 i slip off the road and was trying to dig my car out of the snow, im about 6'3 6'4 so my head was right against the fender when someone slid off the road and took my car out(basicly i got my ass kicked by my own MSP) ended up breaking some ribs and having bruised bones in my neck and back along with a pretty kick ass concusion haha ended up doing 4 k in damage
004.jpg

0022-1.jpg

0042.jpg

0052.jpg

010-3.jpg

009-1.jpg

thats with the wheels straight haha
got it back mid febuary and in march i put in a ION FMIC
005-4.jpg

002-5.jpg

jesse007.jpg

flipmode815^
jesse008.jpg

me
007-6.jpg

007-7.jpg

018-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

decided to put my lip back on
078.jpg

074.jpg

006-5.jpg

mnb.jpg

DSCF1620.jpg

l_084f343a3b764c7c8d8b456a64d76a93.jpg

random ass pics
in may 2009 i managed to shatter the whole bottom part of my rad so i went with the big ass corksport one
0042-2.jpg

001-10.jpg

005-8.jpg

got the catch can too
0052-1.jpg

installed
i didnt get to use that very long haha in june 2009 i spun the bearings in cyl#4 and decided it would be a good time to go forged
GEDC0118.jpg

GEDC0119.jpg

l_adecf390d4084d79b07ad1860412bbac.jpg

also thought it would be a good time to run a 13-15 pound map on the unichip
choood.jpg

chood.jpg

001-11.jpg

y.jpg

fggg.jpg

fgg.jpg

right now its at a place called will not name being rebuilt(ill get pics of the motor install and all that soon) i may be able to pick it up today but most likely monday or tuesday and ill post up some pics of the finished thing and some vids too, im going to dyno it sometime soon so ill have some numbers for you all too oh and ill be running a t-28 very soon
here is the mod list so far
INJEN CAI
********** INTAKE MANIFOLD
ION FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER
HKS BLOW OFF VALVE
CORKSPORT RACING RADIATOR
WELDED MAZDASPEED TORSEN STYLE LSD
CORKSPORT POWER SERIES EXHAUST
KARTBOY SHORT SHIFTER
TEIN S TECH SPRINGS
********** FRONT MOTOR MOUNTS
AWR SIDE MOTOR MOUNT INSERTS
CORKSPORT SHIFT BUSHINGS
CORKSPORT UREATHANE EXHAUST HANGERS
EGR REMOVAL
AUTOMETER BOOST AND AIR FUEL GAUGE
TECHNIQUES HOSE KITS
TINTED TAIL LIGHTS
FAMILIA BADGE
P5 FOG LIGHTS
BLACKED OUT RACINGHART RIMS
LIGHT WEIGHT ALT AND PS PULLYS
TURBOX'S MBC
GEREDDY FATT
im sure i missed something
being bulilt with
WISECO FORGED PISTONS
PAUTER FORGED RODS
MAZDASPEED FORGED CRANK
UNICHIP WITH 13-15 PSI MAP
AND WHAT EVER ELSE THEY WANT TO PUT IN IT HAHA
AND SOON TO BE T-28 TURBO

ill keep updating this one,let me know what you all think of it sorry its so long haha

may as well add this ****** story to the list
ok here is the ****** deal(get ready for this s***) as you have read i dont have good luck well nothing has changed, i got the call saying the car was ready to pick up so i went down got the keys started it up, it didnt sound right so i asked and one of the workers was like oh the doughnut gasket broke so go to the muffer shop ask for my buddy and he will help you out, so ok what ever not that big of deal, so i paid the owner and went on my way home, i noticed the car was getting louder and the CLINK and see something rolling down the street so pull over and see what it was, it was the bolts that conect to exhaust to the jpipe, so i finally get home and noticed there was an oil drip so i jacked it up and it stopped so i just thought some spilled so i cleaned it all up started it for a min then it started leaking again,**** i jack it up again and there i start looking for this leak, and i notice a few things now, first i notice the oil drain bolt thing is not even tight half a turn with my fingers and it would have came right out,second i notice the seal around the oil pan is kind leaky. right now i am ****** pissed so i call the owner and talk to him and he is like what the hell is going on and wants me to take it back to him so before i drop it down my homie points to the front motor mount and asks if a bolt should be there so i look and sure as s*** the bolt was not even through the motor mount WTF. then i look at the intake and the ****** thing is not even all the way on the turbo,i look at the s and j pipe and its missing a nut, so i deciede to spray it down before i took it to him and guess what? the ****** hood and roof is scratched like a mother fucker, it looks like there was boxes on it and they pulled them accross the hood and roof,they are perfectly straight and pretty wide,so i call back and at this point im ****** angry as hell(who wouldnt be) and the owner is ****** pissed that all this just happend, so i take my friend to get his evo so he can take me back home, i turn left and hear another CLINK the ****** bolt fell out of the motor mount, i finally get it to the shop and park it in the stall, with in 3 min there is a giant puddle of what looks like oil and coolant on the ground, i start pointing at all the s*** that is ****** up on my car, all the scratches that are on it all that fun s***, he was really really upset about all this he appologized a million times and felt horrible for not checkin off the car, so tomorrow he is going over the whole thing himself fixing it all and checking for more mistakes, needless to say his employee is not going to have a job anymore come morning time, he is also taking it to a deatiler to see if they can get the scratches out, if not then we will figure something out,,, so my ****** awesome day of being excited to have my car back went to s*** with in 30 min

Last edited:
Damn it sounds like you have had a rash of bad luck man! Hopefully this will be the start of little to no issues from here on out.

Damn it sounds like you have had a rash of bad luck man! Hopefully this will be the start of little to no issues from here on out.

haha yeah its been quite the adventure with this car, that not even half the storys i have either thats just the main ones haha, but i hope your right nothing but good times from here on out(drive2)

Nice. I like these types of threads. Ill open mine one of these days. So are u running 13-15 psi now? Hows that working for you?

Which was the best mod todate that you have done and have had a chance to use. lol

hummm thats a hard one, i would say the mani or exhaust cuz they both free'd up some power,well i guess gettin rid of the stock ic was a good one too haha

Nice. I like these types of threads. Ill open mine one of these days. So are u running 13-15 psi now? Hows that working for you?

i would like to see your thread, but i am not running it yet the car is still being built but i cant wait to see what it can do with that much more boost

He isn't running anything right now from what I understand.. its being built.(sadbanana)
i c. how long ur build going to take?
According to his post he will more then likey be able to pick it up monday or tuesday.

yup its being built right now, he has had it sense the begining of july its taken longer then expected ran into a few issues (crank was not balanced and was shaved down to much,piston rings were no good,the wrong size got shipped out stuff like that) but i checked in on it yesterday and he said he is going to try his hardest to get it ready to go on monday so we will see (drinks)

yup its being built right now, he has had it sense the begining of july its taken longer then expected ran into a few issues (crank was not balanced and was shaved down to much,piston rings were no good,the wrong size got shipped out stuff like that) but i checked in on it yesterday and he said he is going to try his hardest to get it ready to go on monday so we will see (drinks)
How much have it ran you to get the engine built? Im trying to see how much down time and money it will take.

How much have it ran you to get the engine built? Im trying to see how much down time and money it will take.

are you talking with the pistons and all that or just what he is charging me to build it?
with him building it this is the message i got on another forum

Ok so this is where we are sitting
To pull the motor
Pull it apart
Clean and bore the engine
assemble the engine
and put it back in your car
is $2040.00
With the UtahMazdas discount its $1680

This price includes everything listed above. the only machine work it covers is the bore. If you need a vavle grind or anything other then the bore it will cost more.
Also the price doesn't cover any parts needed for the build. Some things we are going to need are-
Full engine gasket set
Oil
Coolant
engine Bearings
piston rings
AC recharge
I might be missing a few things but thats all I can think of at the moment lol

i hope that helps you out, if you were talking about with the pistons and all that s*** i need to find a calculator haha

:edit: he is also not charging me sales tax and all that

update

i went and checked out the car and talked to him for a min yesterday, my car looked like a damn 4x4 all dirty and lifted in the front haha but anyway he was waiting on a crank key(something like that) and i called today and he got it and started to put it all back together today, he still has alot to put together and has to install the unichip so he said he will try to get it done tomorrow but i should just plan on taking it home wednsday

Back