Report: Trans Am Depot to Offer Trans Am Conversion Kit for 2010 Camaro

TinmanMS6

:
2012 Subaru WRX
takm_lead.jpg

Somebody call Burt Reynolds the Trans Am is back! Sort of

With the Pontiac brand officially scheduled for deletion by the accountants at General Motors, the Trans Am Depot has decided to partner with Kevin Morgan Designs to create a Trans Am conversion kit for the new 2010 Camaro.

Set to be unveiled at this years Trans Am Nationals, the kit is inspired by the 78-79 Trans Am and will be sold as a complete package. Current the the Trans Am Depot is building a prototype model and intends to offer full packages for both coupes and for the upcoming Camaro convertible.

A special Phoenix Edition will also be offered with a lowered suspension, upgraded sway bars, 20-inch wheels and a full decal package.

Full details after the jump:

Phoenix T/A

Like its mythical namesake that rose from the ashes to a new life, the Trans Am of yesteryear has been born again the Phoenix T/A. If it is true that good things come to those who wait, then we have surely been rewarded for our patience.

Trans Am Depot is pleased to announce our partnership with designer Kevin Morgan in turning a three-year dream into reality. We, like many of you, have lusted over Kevins retro interpretation of the 77 - 78 Trans Am based on the 2010 Camaro platform. We began early last year discussing the idea of how we might work together to bring this vision to life.

Phoenix T/A Currently, we are completing a one-off Kevin Morgan Trans Am Concept, which we intend to unveil at the 2009 Trans Am Nationals. The concept will be followed by the first production conversion later this year. It will vary from the concept car but will be an exact version of the conversion kits we will hope to be offering this fall. We are working closely with a Detroit auto design firm to bring this kit to market. We will be offering everything from the body conversion only to the limited Phoenix Edition. The kits will be available as an installed conversion only. Order details, pricing and delivery information will be coming soon. If you are interested in having a conversion performed on your Camaro or purchasing a turn-key conversion from Trans Am Depot, please fill out the customer form below.
The Phoenix conversion will include:

Exterior

1′ - 1.5′ Lowering Kit w/sway bar handling upgrade
Wheels & Tires
Front: 209.5120 CB-66.9 Gold or Silver Machined Face Snowflake Wheels. PIRELLI PZERO 275/45ZR20
Rear: 2011.5120 CB-66.9 Gold or Silver Machined Face Snowflake Wheels. PIRELLI PZERO 305/35ZR20
Hood
Shaker Scoop
Fender Extractors
Exhaust Conversion w/ splitter tips
Rear Fascia Clip w/tail lamp lenses and bulbs
Rear Spoiler
TA Graphic Package

Interior

Embroded Head Rest and Console Lid - KM Graphic Punch
Turned Aluminum Door Panel
Turned Aluminum Dash Inserts
Turned Aluminum Instrument Cluster
Door Panel Badges
T/A SN Badge and Designation

[autoguide.com]

Interesting, I remember that my aunt got a new one for her 21st birthday (black-n-gold, sick), will let her know she may want to catch on the nostalgia :D

is it just me, or does a trans am conversion kit for a chevy camaro just seem sort of....strange?

I would buy a Camaro i would do it. I've always liked the Trans Am/ Firebird but never owned or even driven one.

eh, give me the 2002 Trans Am WS6 and i'll be happy...this retro wannabe trans am can take it and it's hideousness and drive off a cliff kthx :)

true, but i assume it will retain all chevy badging. which makes a screaming firechicken on the hood of a camaro seem out of place

Memories....my dad had a red/black '78 with t-tops. How many people on here remember t-tops? lol

Why would it do that? How hard is it to debadge a car?

Are you sleeping well? You sure seem argumentative these days. lol

But I do agree with you. I don't see anything wrong with it do it. As long as the front end doesn't come out looking like someone put a cone on the front.

Are you sleeping well? You sure seem argumentative these days. lol

But I do agree with you. I don't see anything wrong with it do it. As long as the front end doesn't come out looking like someone put a cone on the front.

LOL Not particularly well, no. Plus I've been unemployed for 6 months or so now, and posting just out of boredom makes me look like even more of a douche than usual. Can't wait for this background investigation to finish so I can get to work.

Seeing it in sheetmetal, there are a few things that look cheap and tacky, mostly just those vents really.

Back