Tint

:
06 mazda 6
So my car gets very hot because of the black interior and I want to tint the windows. What % from 25 up should I do? Or should I tint them same color as car or any ideas or pics with tint on a car this color?
http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/TX/

picture004cy9.jpg

Last edited:
ohh i think u can go really dark in TX.. id go 20% all around. i wouldnt tint it the same color as the car just do normal tint.

ohh i think u can go really dark in TX.. id go 20% all around. i wouldnt tint it the same color as the car just do normal tint.

I'm with him ^. As far as tinting the same color of the car, it makes you look like one of those people who drive an old Cadillac with 24's and a lift kit.

OP, I think I have 25% on my car (everything except windscreen, of course) and it works wonders.....although, parallel parking at night on a street without lamps is a pain in the arse.

I'm with him ^. As far as tinting the same color of the car, it makes you look like one of those people who drive an old Cadillac with 24's and a lift kit.

Totally agree with the same color tint....looks awful.

20% all the way around. I went up from my last car which had 20% front windows and 5% rear doors and back window. Seeing at night was a royal PITA. 20% still makes it tough to see in, blocks a lot of heat, but allows the driver to see out with much more detail.

i am in new york i got limo all the way round, i dont really care about the tint laws thats just me.

i have 5% through the whole back and 20% up front on the driver and passenger side (even though i could get a ticket for that lol). i think it looks really good and no1 can see inside the car at all. ive seen 20% through the whole car and that looks good too. also the 5% keeps the car like 20 degrees cooler when the sun is blaring on it.

Wow. 5% eh? Hows that at night?

I have 35% all the way around. Which is illegal for the fronts in VA.

Tint laws are just ridiculous.

I haven't tinted mine yet cause I'm tired of the hassle. My last car was 20% all around, and I kept getting pulled over. I never get a ticket cause my wife is a cop, just tired of the hassle.

In Texas, legally the darkest you can have is 35% on the front 2 windows, and you can have the darkest you want on the rest. I wouldn't go to dark, cause trees are very hard to see when reversing....

Gosh, I looked at most states current tint laws and I must say that CALIFORNIA SUCKS! we are allowed any % on the rear windows, but only 70% on the front! how retarded would I look with 5% and 70%...IM NOT A LIMO!

or just not care and go for 20% 35%
Its a $35 ticket if you get caught, you must also have it removed, and have an officer sign off that it has been removed. This is very easy when your neighbor is a cop :D

Personally I like if all the windows are the same - or at least all side windows. My MS6 is 35% sides and 20% on the very back (to block more headlights). 35% is a little light, but maybe doesn't attract as much attention and still looks pretty dark on my white car.

My Avalanche is 20% all around and I feel that 20% is the perfect tint.

I had 15% all the way around which is WAYYYY under the legal limits in WI and I never once got even a glance from a cop. Here's a pic for reference.

Mazda.jpg

kinda off topic but i brought my ms6 to a tint place and they said the only way they can tint the rear windshield was with 2 separate pieces of film. has anyone heard of this before?

I am not even going to bother with tint on my car.....stupid IL requires absolutely no tint on the front and any % on the rear and back. Completely retarded not to have tint on the front and passenger.(hand)

Back