Intermittent flashing airbag light...

Distinct

:
2008 Mazda5 GT
On my way to work this morning I happen to look down and saw a red air bag icon flashing twice quickly, then pausing and then flashing twice again. It went on for about 15 minutes and then stopped on it's own. Anyone had any experience with something like this?

Thanks.

On my way to work this morning I happen to look down and saw a red air bag icon flashing twice quickly, then pausing and then flashing twice again. It went on for about 15 minutes and then stopped on it's own. Anyone had any experience with something like this?

Thanks.

Did you have something in the seat next to you. The Airbarg light will come on and off if it detects a weight on the seat. It was the airbag light that was on the passenger side?

Did you have something in the seat next to you. The Airbarg light will come on and off if it detects a weight on the seat. It was the airbag light that was on the passenger side?

Agree something in the seat replicating a person there, ...

... Dump the dead bodies BEFORE you go to work... *wink* gigle.. (smash)(shady)

Peace!:cool:

Unfortunately, this was the red indicator in front of the driver and not the orange lighting in front of the passenger. I had the same thought as you did and I looked over and there was nothing on the seat at the time.

According to the owners manual if the light flashes you should have the system checked. It doesn't go in to anymore detail then that.

According to the owners manual if the light flashes you should have the system checked. It doesn't go in to anymore detail then that.

Dang you beat me to it, I Googled it, but can't find the link again, I should have posted it last night when I found it. Good to know about this, thanks for share the info.

Peace!:cool:

Our 2006 Mazda5's airbag light intermittently blinks 3 slow, 4 fast. Turn the car off and back on and the blinking stops. Dealer says they can't do anything unless its blinking when we bring it in, dealer also told us when it happens just pull over, turn car off and back on. He seemed to think that was a fine solution.

Our 2006 Mazda5's airbag light intermittently blinks 3 slow, 4 fast. Turn the car off and back on and the blinking stops. Dealer says they can't do anything unless its blinking when we bring it in, dealer also told us when it happens just pull over, turn car off and back on. He seemed to think that was a fine solution.

That is sad, can't they plug into the PC and read the
error codes, I'd think a safty item would make the list
of error codes.

Buy you're own error code reader and check it yourself?

Good luck!

Peace!;) (rei)

I woke up this morning and had just the same problem 3 slow 4 fast flashes from airbag light. I drove round all day with it flashing away, then parked up and when i went to lock my car noticed that the central locking failed to clunk and indicators failed to flash, and the car hadn't locked properly. Ive noticed now that if you click too many times on your key fob you can confuse the central locking system when opening and locking. To clear the flashing airbag light when it happens i just put the key in the driverside door lock, and manually lock and unlock to reset the feedback sensor for the central locking and alarm system. Then bobs ya uncle the flashing airbag light is gone. I cant understand why the airbag light is used to display central locking and alarm faults, but the lock and unlock with key rather than fob works every time to clear the flashing.

When ive got time i'll rip off the door card and take a look at the feedback sensor that tells the alarm what position the lock mechanism is in, probably just needs lubricating or cleaning.

Till then i just make sure I press the fob only once and check to see if indicator lights have flashed and central locking has cluncked to keep the airbag light at bay:)

Hope this helps others

Till then i just make sure I press the fob only once and check to see if indicator lights have flashed and central locking has cluncked to keep the airbag light at bay:)

Hope this helps others

What, pressing "lock" 2X doesn't sound the horn in the UK to make it appear you have a factory alarm? Learn something new everyday.

What, pressing "lock" 2X doesn't sound the horn in the UK to make it appear you have a factory alarm? Learn something new everyday.

i hate when people do that. i have asked friends that do that as to why... and they think it is arming the alarm. i tell them, no, your car is mad because it already did what you asked and it is letting you know that you can stop pushing the button now.

Latest posts

Back