Post pictures, not attachments?

Spiced MSP

:
2016 Peterbilt 579
Every time I try to post pictures of my car on the forum in the "post pics of your mazda" thread, I only see how to add attachments. How do I post bigger pics like other members have done. I understand the attachments but they are small and you have to click them in order for them to get bigger. I just want to add pics to my post that are already a decent size. Any suggestions.

Manage Attachments.

Upload your picture.

After picture is added, click the blue hyperlink.

The attached file (picture) should open in a new window.

Copy the url.

Click the Insert Image button.

Paste url.

Done.

I did it with your sig.

attachment.php

thanks a lot BMXbmw, I have been wondering about this for some time now. I appreciate the info

It seems like this method no longer works. What's the current best method?
The only way I could figure out is to attach the picture then preview post, then click on the attachment in the preview which then opens the picture in a new tab and then copy the URL of that then go back and edit the post and insert using that URL. It works but it's time consuming and still leaves the file attached, even if I try to delete it but at least the picture is also embedded.

It seems like this method no longer works. What's the current best method?
The only way I could figure out is to attach the picture then preview post, then click on the attachment in the preview which then opens the picture in a new tab and then copy the URL of that then go back and edit the post and insert using that URL. It works but it's time consuming and still leaves the file attached, even if I try to delete it but at least the picture is also embedded.

Hello and thanks for the feedback...Isn't that what BMXbmw described though..?

Unfortunately there is currently no easier or quicker way to embed pics from attachments (that I'm aware of at least). Most people host their images elsewhere and insert the image URL. I am looking at another forum software called Discourse which can be set to automatically save any embedded pic so that it will always remain in the post (as long as there is enough storage on the server and the site remains)...The downside is the cost of hosting all those images, it could add up over time!

Settings

Manage Files

Choose File

Upload

After picture is uploaded , click the blue hyperlink

The attached file (picture) should open in a new window

Copy the url

Click the Insert Image button

Copy and Paste URL

Done

Back