wheel hopping..... struts or wheel bearing

jeanspeed

Banned
:
mazda speed protege
i had for almost a year with thaT PROBLEM but know i want to fix it. so can u guys help. it happen around 60mph(boom07)

Sounds more like a tire balance problem at that speed. I haven't been able to get the wheels to spin at 60mph but maybe you have a lot more power than me.;)

i say check your engine mounts mine are ****** and i always get really bad wheel hop does the car get all shakey when your on the highway cuz that would mean you need your tires re balanced but if the whole cat is hopping when you floor it i bet its your mounts

no its not the mount. i had a motor installed with all new awr mounts. i first the wheels were to big so i went back to stock rim.. my wheel doesnt shack so hard any more. how would i know if its the wheel bearing??? i have two of them in stock..

i think if its the wheel bearing you would hear a squeak when driving or you have to put it on a hoist and use that tool to listen while someone is accelerating

its a tire balance issue. my steering wheel vibtates like crazy at highway speeds

i had the same issue, first i tried wheel balance and vibration was reduces but not eliminated then i checked everything within the front suspension and everything was ok and at last i decided to check the front brakes and guess what??? the discs were somehow bent just enough to cause vibration at highway speeds as soon as i changed the discs and the pads....bye bye vibration.

But you have to take care of that kind of problem quickly, and i mean involving vibration within front suspension, because the steering rack will receive most of the damage without you noticing

i had for almost a year with thaT PROBLEM but know i want to fix it. so can u guys help. it happen around 60mph(boom07)

Rotate the tires and see what happens, if it changes to the rear or one side. Cross rotate the wheels and see if it gets worse on one side. You might just need some new tires or a rebalance.

I'm trying to get him to rotate the wheels so we can find where it's vibrating from. Obviouls a big dent on a wheel would be visible but not always. If he has a right front tire or wheel causing the vibration and he rotates it to the rear he will be able to find it. If he rotates the wheels and the vibration stays where it is we can trace it down to a wheel bearing or something. Rotate the wheels and tell us where it's doing it from. (argh)

...i first the wheels were to big so i went back to stock rim.. my wheel doesnt shack so hard any more...

Two rims and the same issues....
Chances of two being off balance slim. Check your bearing. Also check your axle on that side. If you bend that sucker (hard to do but seen it done) it will woble like no other. If all else fails get an alligment. That will tell you for sure weither it is anything suspension wise.

Wow someone is paying attention to the details unlike me. Thank you, yes that would more than likely be the wheel bearings. I'd replace those anyways as the car probably has the milleage for them to be wearing. Vibration puts a lot of stress on them too.

Wow someone is paying attention to the details unlike me. Thank you, ...

Your welcome. LOL. Thant is what i am here for. I would lean more for allignment but that costs more than to test the bearings(free). let us know

An alignment rarely fixed a vibration, maybe a pull but not then always either. Vibration is usually tires, then wheels, then bearing, hub, then axle. Very rarely axle. But who knows, It's not my car so I don't know. Where you at?

i rotated the tires.... nope still there... i end up blown my tires so my friend atenzaspeed gave me his old mazda6 tire and wheels. dude that made my car even worse .. so i put the msp rim on the mazda6 tire and it improve alot but still there.

Then it is either bearing or axle. Hope for bearing it is cheaper but more work. (yupnope)

Back