Pcm p2187

:
08 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Ok so recently I got my car back from the body shop and after driving a few days I got a cel. PCM 2187 which i know is lean at idol right? My AP AFR was reading between 14.5 and 14.7 at idol which i thought was right. The car drives fine and at WOT its in the 11.7 range where it should be. The only thing is that at idol I can here a high pitched whistle coming from the passenger side somewhere around the FMIC coupler. the whistle only happens at idol. I also have a catch can mounted in that area too so i dont know if one of those hoses might have come loose and is causing whistling. Any ideas?

you sir have a boost leak. afrs wont be affected until you are out of trim range. look at your long term fuel trims (ltft), theyre over 20% which means your sucking in unmetered air. fix it quick as unmetered air is also unfiltered and dirty...

its anywhere from your intake filter to your manifold. best bet is to get carb cleaner, with the engine running spray it on the connections. you'll hear the car stumble a bit when you hit the leak. to give yourself an idea of what your listening for spray the filter with it first. check all connections, including the recirc tube on the bpv and the small vaccum tube on the inlet pipe

ok thanks man ill try that. so what the whistle on the passenger side? not tryin to hammer you with questions I just want to be squared away.

well i found the whistling problem. A bad o-ring on my blow back nozzle on my catch can made it leak and threw the light. I got some new o-rings and hit the threads with some teflon tape..good as new!

Back