LED Illuminated door sill plates

BluMicaR

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3
Hey there, wife and I bought a 6 S Touring '09 to keep my lil cosmic blue mica MS3 '07 company in the garage.

Have bought these door sill trim plates.

Question is, anybody have experience with these or possibly installed them on their own? I put my own boost gauge in and I've stripped out my whole interior to metal to sound-deaden. Questioning how tough these might be as a DIY. Seems like should be pre-wired and I'm just tapping wires in the kick panel on each side so they come on with the maps and dome when the door opens. Simple?

are you trying to get in trouble twice? or starting this thread for her car to get out of trouble?

Hey Blue

did you mean to include a link to the plates?
I didn't see any pics or links.

Also, I've gotta see this - you've pulled out all of your interior coverings?

Hehe 'GoFast' buying hers is a get out of jail free card dontchakno?

I don't have pics of pulling out my interior, sadly it was a cold fall weekend last year and I had no idea REALLY what an undertaking it would be... But, yeah, I had my seats on the driveway next to the console assembly, all the carpet out under a tarp. It was pretty much a nightmare for anyone who hasn't seen this kind of thing done to a car, to see they had done it to THEIR car. I put down RAAMMAT sound deadening and reinstalled... Pretty much everything! Very happy though she is a LOT quieter on the highway.

yhst-19784709959083_2062_5234738

These things are so SICK I have to have some for my MS3 and I am prob ordering it from OZ land!*

*following spousal approval

Moved to the 09+ section.

You should be able to tap into the dome light circuit to run these. The current draw is very small, so blowing the fuse is nearly impossible. You'll probably need to find a chassis ground nearby as well, but that should be another simple fix.

Post pics of them once you're done.

Moved to the 09+ section.

You should be able to tap into the dome light circuit to run these. The current draw is very small, so blowing the fuse is nearly impossible. You'll probably need to find a chassis ground nearby as well, but that should be another simple fix.

Post pics of them once you're done.

Awesome, like my boost guage install then.

Priceless avatar 'tunersteve' lol. Especially now!

Back