Excessive Inner Rear Tire Wear

redseal94

Hi all,
I have a 2008 Mazda 3i and noticed excessive wear on the inner tires. I have found several complaints about this problem on other forums. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a TSB for it? So far, the dealer denies everything, but every tire shop I spoke to is aware of the problem and has told me to keep fighting. A TSB would be very helpful!

Thanks for any help.

TSB's are here.
http://www.protegefaq.net/tsb/

I didn't find one for inner rear tire wear. It's normally caused by too much negative camber, not service adjustable. In some cases the camber can be changed if the mounting bolts are loosened with weight off the wheel, there may be enough wiggle clearance to reduuce the camber. Don't know if any after market company makes a camber correction kit. If your car is lowered the camber can increase make the problem worse.

I haven't noted any excessive inner camber wear on my 08 3i, the tires are cupping a little, only 12k miles, tires rotated 2 times. I had a 4 wheel alignment check (not dealer, independent alignment shop) a few weeks ago and it's rather close to ideal settings.

Clifton

Back