Possible to tune for VTA with SS AFC?

dmention7

:
'03.5 Blue MSP #2543
I feel like this question is probably answered somewhere on the forum, but hell if the search function was doing me any good finding it... haha

So, I'm just looking for a yes/no on whether it's possible to tune a Split Second AFC to run properly while VTA? And if the topic isn't already addressed many times, maybe a quick rundown on why it's not possible, or how to accomplish it. Intuitively, it seems like it would work, but I neither have a SS AFC installed nor am I running VTA at the moment, so the best I can do are thought experiments.

And for those who may (rightly) ask why I don't just relocate the MAFS, my current coldpipe literally consists of a single 90 degree silicone elbow... heh

(cheers)

This is why...

dscn0678q.jpg

:D

I guess I'd be scared of running the MAFS on the hot pipe... or have other successfully done that?

Or, if you were referring to moving the IC core to make for a longer cold pipe, yes that's a possibility too, but I'm still curious if the SS AFC can tune around the issues caused by VTA.

I guess I'd be scared of running the MAFS on the hot pipe... or have other successfully done that?

Or, if you were referring to moving the IC core to make for a longer cold pipe, yes that's a possibility too, but I'm still curious if the SS AFC can tune around the issues caused by VTA.

you know what im retarded... it didn't register to me as that was the hot pipe... i have no clue why either. lol I would look into moving the IC to make a longer cold pipe. I haven't heard of any tune for use of a BOV.

before i relocated my MAF te ECU seemed to fix itself somewhat. the NA ECU was better at it than the MSP ECU. and it still stalled if i came to a quick stop when i was close to or in boost. your gonna have to tune all the pressure cells below your max PSI on the lean side, like 13-14AFR when your part throttle, that'll help pull some fuel at the AFC when it sees the pressure drop as you let off the throttle. 13-14afr in boost is fine for light load, richen it up as you get on the gas and get closer to full boost.

BW i lke the setup, very clean

Last edited:
Hmm, thanks for the replies. Knowing it's at least somewhat possible is good enough for me, haha. I'll just have to play around with it once I get my SS installed.

Latest posts

Back