Justanothermp5's Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope, its actually paint :(

im going to see how it holds up, its rated at like 1200*F but im not sure if thats enough
ive had good results with VHT Flameproof paint so i may try that next if this burns off
i doubt it will though

i actually got 2 fittings for each.. i got a big fitting, and then a small one.

big fitting-from the vac block out-small fitting-size of the Inner diameter of the booster line.

ok thanks a ton

hey got a question, u guys think i should put the turbo on and drive around till my internals get here or should i wait and do it right the first time around?

the internals are going to take a while to get here and i have to move into my apartment in charlotte by the 23rd for college so i wont be able to build the engine for a while

low boost it.. 6-7psi. you should be fine. LOTS of dudes do it.. and.. ALL MSPS are this way. lol. go for it. buy a spare block and build your motor on the side!

yea thats what i was thinking, scratch is selling his spare for 250 so i was thinking of snatching that up and then taking my time on it to make sure everything is right

i just got a turbosmart boost controller off here so i think ill do that

i was thinking more like 4 psi lol i have 200K miles on my motor

ok thanks a ton

hey got a question, u guys think i should put the turbo on and drive around till my internals get here or should i wait and do it right the first time around?

the internals are going to take a while to get here and i have to move into my apartment in charlotte by the 23rd for college so i wont be able to build the engine for a while

...uhh doesnt your car have like 200k miles.... and is like falling apart?...

lol. i wouldn't worry about it.. just dont go crazy.. and the stock WGA will make sure you dont go over 7psi(unless it gets ****** lol.)

^LOL yea basically, i wouldnt say falling apart though
i over exaggerate sometimes when im pissed at it

but boost is calling my nammeee

alright well im off for the night, thanks guys for all the help
ill try to post pics and udpates regularly to keep u informed

well today i didnt really do too much since it was like 98 with a heat index of around 130
2 hours outside sanding the front bumper
Photo0146.jpg

and then like 20 minutes putting the hood dampers on
Photo0147.jpg

on the instrustions it specifically said not to install on CF or Fiberglass hoods lol
those things are strong, almost took my head off when i opened it for the first time

thanks!

man im starting to get a little worried, i checked my account to see what shipped out on PG and it says my CS s and j pipe shipped a day before my gauge and a day after my vac block, and turbo timer
but i have everything else already here, so im hoping they didnt lose it in transit
ill wait till tomm and if its not here by then, im going to have to give PG a call

:( i hope they didnt lose it, i was really looking forward to that piece, it was ******* expensive too lol

yea...i am prob going to have to put off building my engine cuz of that

looks like ill have to wait till christmas break then, got to go to college on the 23rd :(
damit, i was so close to boost!!!

Where did you get the VHT paint? I see it on ebay but I was wondering if autozone or someplace local would carry it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back