what clutch line/ brake line to get

I have to advise against the corksport lines. 3 of them have failed on me. I did have them for 4 years, but I expected them to last the life of the car.

I'll have to update my signature when I swap the last 2 out.

Yeah, I have goodrich lines with covers on the rear. I got clear covers so I could see if anything was deteriorating.

goodridge usa does not officially sell them that way... but a vendor can go through the trouble of special ordering them in that way, which makes them hard to get/find

mine is a goodridge clutch line from RR racing and it doesn't have the "colourflex" covering... it's been holding up great all these years though... my goodridge brake lines are a prototype colourflex set from the UK

goodridge usa does not officially sell them that way... but a vendor can go through the trouble of special ordering them in that way, which makes them hard to get/find

mine is a goodridge clutch line from RR racing and it doesn't have the "colourflex" covering... it's been holding up great all these years though... my goodridge brake lines are a prototype colourflex set from the UK

aren't you just the special man......think some shrink tube would seal the deal so to speak

I have to advise against the corksport lines. 3 of them have failed on me. I did have them for 4 years, but I expected them to last the life of the car.

I'll have to update my signature when I swap the last 2 out.

Let me clarify my previous comment. Looking back, the corksport line that failed on me this month was on the car since 2004, so 5 years it lasted. The pictures show (as good as my phone camera can show) where it failed. The clip in the middle, on the side that flexes with suspension travel.

I guess I should have been more proactive about checking the lines for wear, but I did expect lifetime from them.

The two rears failed because the rear crossmember has a sharp edge and the lines wore against it. They failed in 2008, so 4 years they lasted.

Finally, I'm considering getting single replacement lines from here forward from summit racing. They have some from $18 to $25 each. The only problem is that the ones that don't require any brake hose fitting adapters (most are AN 37degree fittings) has no coating on the outside of the steel braid. Any SERIOUS suggestions about how to increase the impact and corrosion resistance?

I put fuel line around the outside of my rear lines to protect against the rear cross member.

Attachments

• Photo_091909_001.jpg
    Photo_091909_001.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Photo_091909_002.jpg
    Photo_091909_002.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 127
Back