Who says we don't have fuel filters?

:
2001 BJFP MT
:
2016 BMYFS AT
I just happened to have a bad fuel pump unit off an MSP with 180k on it... so I cut one up so I can prove to you n00bs that we do have a fuel filter and you can all stop spreading the myth that there isn't one

pictures are worth a thousand words

Attachments

• housing1.jpg
    housing1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,900
  • housing2.jpg
    housing2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 2,515
  • housing3.jpg
    housing3.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,578
our fuel pumps are made by denso... the denso part number printed on it is 195130-4920... will be nice if someone figures out a higher performing denso pump that fits into the housing without going for a walbro... this same fuel pump is also used on the LW MPV (the 2nd gen) so it can flow plenty since the van has a big V6 engine in it!

Attachments

• fuelfilter1.jpg
    fuelfilter1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,672
  • fuelfilter2.jpg
    fuelfilter2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,427
  • fuelfilter4.jpg
    fuelfilter4.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,347
  • fuelfilter3.jpg
    fuelfilter3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,106
  • fuelpump.jpg
    fuelpump.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,022
heres what the filter really looks like and how it flows

so if you DON'T replace this at 100k or when replacing any fuel pump, you WILL break the new pump and VOID the warranty

Attachments

• filterdetail1.jpg
    filterdetail1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,141
  • filterdetail2.jpg
    filterdetail2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,029
  • filterdetail3.jpg
    filterdetail3.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 965
  • filterflow.jpg
    filterflow.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,008

so if you DON'T replace this at 100k or when replacing any fuel pump, you WILL break the new pump and VOID the warranty

I don't suppose you have a part number for that filter do you? Or a way to replace it without cutting off the top of the fuel pump assembly? ;)

Where is the MSP Fuel filter / Fuel Pump Combo located?

Yup; you access it from a panel under the rear seat.
Having said that, how the heck would not replacing a "filter" aka "screen" break a fuel pump??

Last edited:
That's pretty much bang on. I'd just suggest upgrading the screws when you get in there. I got some SS bolts and it's SO much easier now.

our fuel pumps are made by denso... the denso part number printed on it is 195130-4920... will be nice if someone figures out a higher performing denso pump that fits into the housing without going for a walbro... this same fuel pump is also used on the LW MPV (the 2nd gen) so it can flow plenty since the van has a big V6 engine in it!

ah sh1t... lol.. yeah i was wondering about that... thx

Back