Knocking noise in my front suspension

MP3Night

Boost feels so good
:
Mazda Protege MP3
I've been hearing this knocking effect in the front and I'm not really sure if its my bracks or something has gone bad on them?

LoL.. yes, the struts are Tokico (blue) and springs are Racing Beat (red). And you should definitely have a nice thick Racing Beat (red) front swaybar taking a scenic route underneath the engine to connect the two struts.

Summary of stock MP3 suspension:
Tokico struts (blue)
Racing Beat springs (red)
Racing Beat rear swaybar (red)
Racing Beat front swaybar (red)
Mazda (Racing Beat?) front strut bar (yellow)

Tokico..my bad I'm typing on my phone right now. So what you think it is? My front sway or endlinks?

Probably the sway bushings. It's the #1 culprit of suspension noise on the Protege. #2 are the endlinks.. but bushings are more common (and the front ones are a royal pain in the ass to replace too).

Probably the sway bushings. It's the #1 culprit of suspension noise on the Protege. #2 are the endlinks.. but bushings are more common (and the front ones are a royal pain in the ass to replace too).
One hour of labour at the dealership while dropping part of the subframe. Was supposed to get them replaced when I had the engine out but they accidentally forgot. Will get it done next year, maybe. No hurry as they still seemed OK last they checked (after I asked about them)

One hour of labour at the dealership while dropping part of the subframe. Was supposed to get them replaced when I had the engine out but they accidentally forgot. Will get it done next year, maybe. No hurry as they still seemed OK last they checked (after I asked about them)

Wow really? I very curious to find out how they manage that in one hour. From the top with crazy long extensions and such?

Nope, from the bottom by dropping the subframe part of the way. They also quoted another member here about 2 hours of labour for replacing the swaybar...considering they did the work on my engine, I trust them :)

gonna change the bushings really soon to re-greasable bushings because the knocking is really starting to bother me, plus it sounds like its hurting my baby lol

On a 2005 Mazda 3,auto mactic,I hear that same noise..except I hear it more when I hit the accelerator..jacked it up..with left drive wheel off the ground..put it in drive...could hear noise,but not as prevalent because there was no load on the drive wheel...could it be cv joint...or wheel bushing...car accelerates fine...no shimmy or shake in either wheel right or left....could it possibly be bad tires or front end out of alignment

Tires and alignment won't make a knocking noise with the tires off the ground... I would check your tie-rod ends and your stabilizer bar endlinks.

Back