MSP 2731 Goes Forged

Ok, so I fixed the wire that was disconnected on the MAF, fixed the ground, reset the ECU and drove her around for a little while before she threw another check engine light. Ran the code and it is P0106 which has some thing to do with the MAP sensor. Then as I was driving last night the O2 sensor some how came out of my turbo manifold. I put that back in this morning and while driving to work my A/F's while at idle and while crusing were rich ranging from 12's to 10's. Then every once in a while they would go back to where they should be in the 14's. Any body have any ideas?

the barometric map sensor is the one on the passenger corner.
get a scan tool and make sure your maf and o2 sensor voltages are fluctuating as you drive it.

Thank you Sam, I will do that today after work and will report back tomorrow.

These are the issues that come along with a huge build when all mods are done at the same time. Kinda hard to troubleshoot when you change everything at once. Hope you get it figured out though, good luck man !

the barometric map sensor is the one on the passenger corner.
get a scan tool and make sure your maf and o2 sensor voltages are fluctuating as you drive it.

Ok, the MAF voltage was fluctuating as I drove it and the O2 did as well but by very little.

These are the issues that come along with a huge build when all mods are done at the same time. Kinda hard to troubleshoot when you change everything at once. Hope you get it figured out though, good luck man !

Yeah, I figured there would be some issues. I just hope nothing to serious comes up. Did you do yours all at once or part by part?

Did the MAP CEL come back on? Check if the MAP vacuum lines are routed correctly and hooked up and it's plugged in.
Test the MAP sensor. Vacuum pump and log the MAP sensor voltage as vacuum is applied.

I didn't clear the code so the CEL is still on. I will test all you've suggested, clear the code and drive around to see if it comes back on.

I feel like i'm going to run into the same kind of issues. Should I turbo the car on a tired motor first and then run low boost or build the engine first and then put the turbo in?

I know people think this is lame, I bought mine with 90% of the mods already done. I could never justify spending the $12K the prev owner did on mods. When younger i dumped $ in cars, live & learn.

Did the MAP CEL come back on? Check if the MAP vacuum lines are routed correctly and hooked up and it's plugged in.
Test the MAP sensor. Vacuum pump and log the MAP sensor voltage as vacuum is applied.

The vacuum line to the sensor was clogged. Replaced the line, cleared the code and have driven around 20 miles and so far no CEL. My AFR's are still running rich though. We checked the voltage of the MAP sensor before figuring out the vacuum line was the problem and it was fluctuating from the 3's to 4's. We tested it directly on the sensor so the vacuum from the pump was getting through.

Also I do believe we have tracked down the vacuum leak and will be taking the throttle body off to check the gasket. I've got a little over 300 miles on the motor now.

* A CEL came back on when I was driving on my lunch break so I will try to check that after work today.

Last edited:
I feel like i'm going to run into the same kind of issues. Should I turbo the car on a tired motor first and then run low boost or build the engine first and then put the turbo in?

I would say build the engine first but that is just my opinion and you should probably get some advice from others with more experience.

I know people think this is lame, I bought mine with 90% of the mods already done. I could never justify spending the $12K the prev owner did on mods. When younger i dumped $ in cars, live & learn.

This car has been a learning experience for me. It is the only car I've bought brand new and is my first car with a turbo. Next time I will buy a car that performs as I want it to from the factory.

The latest scan read two codes, P0131 and P0303 which are for O2 sensor circuit low voltage and cylinder #3 misfire. So I guess I need to check to see if the O2 sensor is damaged and I'm really hoping that cylinder #3 misfire has something to do with the spark plug wires or coil packs. The saga continues...

This car has been a learning experience for me. It is the only car I've bought brand new and is my first car with a turbo. Next time I will buy a car that performs as I want it to from the factory.

i like to have fun with my cars, and even though i've spent way too much money on my car already, it has been quite a journey getting to where i am with it now. it performs 10 times better than when i bought it.

Latest posts

Back