MSP 2731 Goes Forged

I bet it feels good that it was done and started up w/o no major hiccups. Make sure you change the oil a few times to make sure its circulating clean oil during break in.

Man it was such a relief and I've been psyched ever since. I went back to work after starting her up and thought about nothing else the rest of the day and night. I even bounced right out of bed this morning and got to work early (neither of which is a normal occurrence) because I'm so pumped up!! She idled for the hour I was on my lunch break and everything ran smoothly besides the small vacuum leak. I had to go back to work so they let her idle for a little while longer then turned her off and changed the oil. Now I will be following your engine break in check list to the T. Once again BIG THANKS for all your help and support with this. I remember when I was considering buying from another place trying to save a couple bucks and am so glad I went with you instead! If you lived closer to me no doubt you would be even more involved with this build!!

damnit. great stuff man, everytime i read a thread like this it makes me want to go silverback on this s***.

Without a doubt i need to change my priorities in life, like paying bills on time, saving money for the future and using it all for my car.

You gotta prioritize homie! I pay my bills on time, skip the saving money part and then spend most of it on my car.

the car looks great and that engine bay is sweet, gotta love the steedspeed!!!

you look pleased!!!

How much boost?

ALL OF IT!!!!!

Thank you, she is coming along nicely. Another year or three and she should be finished up. And yes I'm really pleased, ecstatic is actually the word I will use to describe that moment...and I have been ever since!

What psi are you running ? How are you liking the Boostsciences RDV ? No "turkey" at all ? I'm considering going back to a recirculated BOV set-up. Just need a better SRI with a 1" nipple on it. Sorry for the interview, ha.

What psi are you running ? How are you liking the Boostsciences RDV ? No "turkey" at all ? I'm considering going back to a recirculated BOV set-up. Just need a better SRI with a 1" nipple on it. Sorry for the interview, ha.

No problem, I welcome any questions, suggestions and opinions. That is half the reason I made this thread. But I can't answer any of your questions yet since I have not driven my car yet. We just started her up yesterday and then I had to go back to work. I will answer your questions though as soon as I'm able.

You gotta prioritize homie! I pay my bills on time, skip the saving money part and then spend most of it on my car.

well i want to sell the wifes 3 private party had an offer for 10k cash. still owe 3500, then buy her a new 6s keep the 6500 for myself. that would put allow my desire of 250whp to be had...we shall see, until then i will live through the other modders :)

well i want to sell the wifes 3 private party had an offer for 10k cash. still owe 3500, then buy her a new 6s keep the 6500 for myself. that would put allow my desire of 250whp to be had...we shall see, until then i will live through the other modders :)

That is a good plan and I hope it works out for you. In the meantime I will do my best to make your vicarious experience as fun as possible. (burnout)

I drove her home from the shop yesterday and the check engine light came on. Code P0113 which is intake air temperature circuit high input. I parked her in the driveway, popped the hood and found one of the wires on my MAF had gotten disconnected and also a ground was loose. The vacuum leak is worse than it was and now my gauge is sitting around 15. Not sure if those would cause the check engine but I will find out over the weekend when I'm fixing those issues.

Last edited:
absolutely would add to the CEL.

as far as the vac leak.. if you can't find it in the pipes/hoses.. they prolly ****** up on the mani.

absolutely would add to the CEL.

as far as the vac leak.. if you can't find it in the pipes/hoses.. they prolly ****** up on the mani.

It makes sense that it would be related. And can you elaborate on possibly ****** up on the mani?

yeah. install on the manifold. not tightening it in the correct order. pinching the gasket as to cause a leak..

possible vac leak areas-

intercooler pipes
couplings
vac block
boost gauge
WGA line
vac lines
manifold gasket.

Ah ok. Thank you and I will be checking all you've suggested. Hey I will be needing my EBC installed sometime in the near future, have you done one before?

Back