MSP 2731 Goes Forged

Put it this way, do the most you can to this engine as far as "going by the book" and you'll be fine , don't even worry about i'm boost 20x a day or i should boost not that often.

Things will break at given condition which can be caused from other reason other then crank pulley damper not being in.
Every thing wears out even at stock condition they do but at slower rate if you baby it.

Like I said , given your equiped with upgraded internals you'll be fine IMO as far as changing to aftermarket crank pulley w/o build in dumper.

Put it this way, do the most you can to this engine as far as "going by the book" and you'll be fine , don't even worry about i'm boost 20x a day or i should boost not that often.

Things will break at given condition which can be caused from other reason other then crank pulley damper not being in.
Every thing wears out even at stock condition they do but at slower rate if you baby it.

Like I said , given your equiped with upgraded internals you'll be fine IMO as far as changing to aftermarket crank pulley w/o build in dumper.

Ah well don't bother...if the AFC is already installed and the car ran fine...then just keep an eye on your wideband. Recirculating is fine too.

This is all reassuring to hear and besides the questionable crank damper issue I feel I have a pretty solid build so I will just enjoy her and if/when things break I will fix them then.

Ok, the time has come for me to figure out which EMS route I want to go so my question for ya'll is do I NEED a full standalone or will the Split Second FTC be enough my needs? All advice and opinions are appreciated.

Ok, the time has come for me to figure out which EMS route I want to go so my question for ya'll is do I NEED a full standalone or will the Split Second FTC be enough my needs? All advice and opinions are appreciated.

FTC is enough. I want that when I'm built or worse case scenario the afc v2 cause I don't plan on boosting more than 15-16psi, maybe 20psi for one night only.

Thanks. I was thinking the FTC would be enough and I am already familiar with the Split Second AFC so I'm now leaning towards it. Also it is cheaper which is nice. So basically if I don't plan on boosting more than "x" psi then I don't really need a full standalone?

Nope, and are u or have you used your v1 afc?

I may be interested in buying it if the price is right. Then you can use that money towards the FTC.

Send me a pm of how much you'd be willing to sell it for and if it works etc. etc.

I hooked it up and used it right before bending the rod. PM sent.

I went over to the shop on my lunch break today and we started her up!!! Besides a vacuum leak some where around the throttle body area it went without a hitch!! She sounds so freaking mean I can't wait to get her back on the road and see what she can do! And now for some pics...

Forged engine fired up
startupday002.jpg

Took the license plate bracket off
startupday008.jpg

Big smile!
startupday009.jpg

She looks and sounds sooo good!!
startupday010.jpg

Sitting low
startupday011.jpg

startupday012.jpg

I'm going to go register her again and get tags either tomorrow or Thursday then I will be taking her home, cleaning her up and driving her as much as possible!!!

Last edited:
Looks good ghostone! where did you get those smoked tints or covers, i can't tell.

just installed one on theEZVs msp... sunday..

how much for yours? i dont have money, i've been trying to do sidework for people.

Good luck with your hunt and I hope you find a good one for cheap.

the car looks great and that engine bay is sweet, gotta love the steedspeed!!!

you look pleased!!!

How much boost?

ALL OF IT!!!!!

damnit. great stuff man, everytime i read a thread like this it makes me want to go silverback on this s***.

Without a doubt i need to change my priorities in life, like paying bills on time, saving money for the future and using it all for my car.

I bet it feels good that it was done and started up w/o no major hiccups. Make sure you change the oil a few times to make sure its circulating clean oil during break in.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back