interesting suspension/chassis observation

SBSPEED3

:
2008.5 mazdaspeed 3 black
so the other day a buddy and i were coming back from the store with bbq supplies. i pull into the driveway at an angle and park mostly on the sidewalk bc the driveway is full of other cars. after letting the car cool i walk around to the back to grab the groceries (beer, burgers, beer, chips, beer...) as i walk back around to the house, i see something that makes me set down the beer and walk back to the car. the rr wheel is completely off the ground, to the point where i can slide my whole foot under the tire!!!
i always heard people say that this car had a stiff chassis, but i guess this is real proof!!! i had been thinking about getting some swaybars, but after this observation i think i will spend the money on something else for now.
ps. i am totally stock in the suspension dept...

thought i would share

-Nick

Yeah its pretty funny when that happens. I took a picture of it in my buddy's driveway when the right rear was off the ground. It always happens every time I pull into my gym's parking lot because of the weird angle of the driveway.

nice, was thinking about this the other day. I had to pull up onto a dirt area at an angle and once my car was in just the right spot, it tipped from the front right to the back left..made me jump a little but it was because the chassis was so stiff that the tire also came right off the ground. Was mildly amusing.

Back