Body Side Moldings

robert_h

Has anyone placed door side moldings on their CX 9...if so, was the color match good and what is the brand. My color is the galaxy gray.

IMHO, the ones are rear doors are a bit too short, but the color matches very well.

Not very clear, but you can see the side molding on the rear doors are pretty short (by about 1-2", I would say).

Attachments

• 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    554.7 KB · Views: 930
IMHO, the ones are rear doors are a bit too short, but the color matches very well.

I agree. The front ones are just the right length but the rears could be longer.
It could also be slightly wider.
Overall, I'm pleased with it and I think it makes it look better.

What are these? I can't tell from the picture or the website.
I didn't take the picture for this purpose. I merely found one that shows part of it.

It is the 1 1/4" wide plastic mouldings(moldings) that are painted the same color and put at the belt-line of the doors to avoid dings on the doors from careless people parked next to yours.

Pearl White Moulding

I put these on over a year ago.

Attachments

• CX-9 Molding at 10inches.jpg
    CX-9 Molding at 10inches.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 854
I didn't take the picture for this purpose. I merely found one that shows part of it.

It is the 1 1/4" wide plastic mouldings(moldings) that are painted the same color and put at the belt-line of the doors to avoid dings on the doors from careless people parked next to yours.

Ceric,

Is this your car in the picture? How did you do the Chrome strakes above the plastic bottom door extensions? They look great and I have been looking to.do similar since I bought the truck. Appreciate it if you would let me know.

ZoomFive

Ceric,

Is this your car in the picture? How did you do the Chrome strakes above the plastic bottom door extensions?
ZoomFive

A visit to the PepBoyz, and spent about $30 on two rolls of chrome strips.
1" one for the side, 1/4" one for the front and rear.
You might need to do some fine trimming yourself, but nothing too difficult.

Nice, fast and cheap upgrade!!! I literally did the second day we owned the car...same exact placement as ceric. Niiiiiiiiice :)

I just got some from http://www.sportwing.net/mazdacx907fe.aspx. Stormy blue and they seem to match perfectly. installation was a breeze.

I ordered a set today for our car...

I'm paranoid about door dings so hopefully this helps...

I've already covered up the front, including full hood, and the complete rear bumper with clear bra treatment...

I'll report back when I receive the molding and fit it on our car...

Tks for the link to this vendor...

I fitted the body side moldings back in August, but just napped a few pics today when I was doing an oil change...They look great on the car with good color matching, and best of all they look like they came from the factory this way...

i-sJ2Cb4s-L.jpg

i-NMBnPsf-L.jpg

i-xbHRfsm-L.jpg

Looks great! I was wondering how they look on the white since that's exactly what I have. I will have to get me a set of these.

You can also check out www.BumperDefender.com. I am thinking of getting the side molding too for my CX-9. I've already did the rear bumper. Also looking for clear bra for the CX-9 and M5 as well.
I ordered a set today for our car...

I'm paranoid about door dings so hopefully this helps...

I've already covered up the front, including full hood, and the complete rear bumper with clear bra treatment...

I'll report back when I receive the molding and fit it on our car...

Tks for the link to this vendor...

Looks great! I was wondering how they look on the white since that's exactly what I have. I will have to get me a set of these.
You can order direct from the manufacturer too - Dawn Enterprises. http://www.dawn-ent.com/vehicles/mazda/cx9fe.htm

The pointy ones shown on the white mazda are not what they just shipped me. Probably sourced from another company. Dawns angled cut moldings look like this and are a perfect pearl tricoat match:
FE-CX9.1.JPG

You can order direct from the manufacturer too - Dawn Enterprises. http://www.dawn-ent.com/vehicles/mazda/cx9fe.htm

The pointy ones shown on the white mazda are not what they just shipped me. Probably sourced from another company. Dawns angled cut moldings look like this and are a perfect pearl tricoat match:
FE-CX9.1.JPG

How do you order from dawn-ent.com? The website doesn't seem to have an online ordering facility. Did you call them directly?

Back