In a dilemma, need advice quick!!!

MM BOOST

:
07 MS3 GT CB
Alright just received part of a small settlement check i've been waiting on for a few years, and I have right at $1,500 even. I've been quoted for Turbo XS Front Mount with COBB AP for $1,513 shipped or I am doing the Cobb AP and Street Unit Top Mount for a hair under $1,300. Can anyone give me the right advice?? My current mods are as follows:

-cobb sri
-medieval turbo inlet
-forge by pass valve (blue, 1 shim)
-street unit boost tubes
-turbo xs downpipe
-stock gutted midpipe
-racing beat catback
-one step colder plugs

I am trying to order tonight after midnight once my money clears or first thing in the morning, so please give as much feedback as possible. I don't know which would be better for me in terms of efficiency, power, and which would be better worth the money! Thanks in advanced.

Alright just received part of a small settlement check i've been waiting on for a few years, and I have right at $1,500 even. I've been quoted for Turbo XS Front Mount with COBB AP for $1,513 shipped or I am doing the Cobb AP and Street Unit Top Mount for a hair under $1,300. Can anyone give me the right advice?? My current mods are as follows:

-cobb sri
-medieval turbo inlet
-forge by pass valve (blue, 1 shim)
-street unit boost tubes
-turbo xs downpipe
-stock gutted midpipe
-racing beat catback
-one step colder plugs

I am trying to order tonight after midnight once my money clears or first thing in the morning, so please give as much feedback as possible. I don't know which would be better for me in terms of efficiency, power, and which would be better worth the money! Thanks in advanced.

Hmmm Maybe pay down the principle?

Alright now with the decesion you should choose is out of the way. Lets choose the ones you will choose (and so would I haha). Top Mount is a good compromise if you want to keep the ease of removing it for dealer visits and such.

But if you are willing to pay a little more than I think the front mount is the best in terms of cooling.

and which would be better worth the money!

You should look into Ken's FMIC. But judging from those two options, either go FM and get better gains with a chance of road debris raping it to hell, or go with the TM with a little bit less gains for sleeper status.

Hmmm Maybe pay down the principle?

Alright now with the decesion you should choose is out of the way. Lets choose the ones you will choose (and so would I haha). Top Mount is a good compromise if you want to keep the ease of removing it for dealer visits and such.

But if you are willing to pay a little more than I think the front mount is the best in terms of cooling.

I think he gave up the "ease of removing it for dealer visits," look at his mod list.

I have UNDR RDR (under radar) on my plates, so thats why I was leaning towards the sleeper status. No one suspects my car, everything is blacked out and all badges removed.

As for the money, the only advice I need is on these 2 intercoolers guys. I have other money, but I promised I would put this money and this money ONLY towards the car, so thats why I need help! Thanks!!

I was thinking of getting the turbo xs and painting it flat black with radiator paint. I have a guy selling a 2 week old turbo xs front mount in my price range, so I might go this route. Keep the replies coming guys. I don't know if there is lag associated with the txs over the top mount or what.

see I need more reason as to not go top mount other than someone saying "dont go top mount." Please offer some logical reasoning behind this. Thanks guys.

not interested in suspension upgrade? that kind of $ would get you a really nice setup.

I have H&R springs already, and new wheels will be here next week, already have new 235/40/18 tires, so next on list is cobb rear sway bar and koni yellows, but I am wanting to get the most out of my performance mods so far.

buy the cpe and get the right size pipes and right size core - save the rest and get your ap later

I've been quoted for Turbo XS Front Mount with COBB AP for $1,513 shipped

your car would be out of control fast with this set up. i have basically the same mods you have with the accessport minus the front mount and my car tools. i love the setup. its not to much to put extra wear on the car because all my parameters are running better than stock but the car is basically a second faster in the quarter mile. off the line i get tire burn but from the end of 2nd into 3rd and so on the car is unstoppable. i say front mount and tune.

dont go top mount...theres a guy selling a turboxs front mount on here for 500 shipped

Not any more, I bought it from him, he's shipping it out to me today.

But like everyone is saying, definitely go front mount. To pay a bunch of money for an upgraded top mount doesn't make any sense to me. I think I'm totally against top mounts is cause I live in central FL, where it gets so damn hot here there's no top mount that will cool off as fast as a front mount. Good luck with your choice.

Back