Cel p2187

:
2008.5 MG Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Alright guys this is getting frustrating. All my mods are in my sig. Threw this code last week, too lean at idle. Went over all of my connections, added a few clamps for security, cleaned the MAF sensor, and loaded other maps to make sure it wasnt the custom tune. NONE of these things helped. idle fuel trims are still hovering close to +20%. WTF is going on....

take the tune out all together and see what happens. if it gets better than you need a different tune.

got this last week also with AP nearly same power mods as you. Ended up being a bad in-tank fuel pump.

CEL came on, arrange an appointment with dealer 2 days later, and on the way to the dealership the car died and had to have it towed.

take the tune out all together and see what happens. if it gets better than you need a different tune.

Tried that already, put on the Cobb Stage1+SRI map, same deal, stock map, same. Its gotta be something mechanical

got this last week also with AP nearly same power mods as you. Ended up being a bad in-tank fuel pump.

CEL came on, arrange an appointment with dealer 2 days later, and on the way to the dealership the car died and had to have it towed.

Wouldn't that show as low fuel pressure? my cdfp looks to be ok. The lean condition is only at idle. Once i get some load on the engine my fuel trims are within 10%

Last edited:
It is acting like there is a vacuum leak somewhere - pinched or frayed line somewhere if connections are all in place and secure?

If that's the problem, find it soon, because you will also be sucking in raw unfiltered air at the point of the leak.

It is acting like there is a vacuum leak somewhere - pinched or frayed line somewhere if connections are all in place and secure?

If that's the problem, find it soon, because you will also be sucking in raw unfiltered air at the point of the leak.

I ripped everything apart and put it all back together with extra clamps. turbo compressor housing is clean. there was a little dirt inside the piping but that was from running my sri w/o oil or from the crappy valvecover vent before i rerouted it

It had been awhile since I looked at fuel pressure, but whenever I did I never saw below 1700psi. So I don't know if that's indicative of the problem.

Mine also came back after I flashed back to stock...just be careful.

It ran completely fine (besides the CEL) until it died in traffic on the way to get it fixed.

Thanks pidass15, ill keep that in mind. I never get to 1700psi, just 1500-1650

i just spoke with my tuner, will be driving to him on fri to try and figure this out. probably do a smoke test but i think nothings gonna leak. ive heard the purge valve can cause this CEL as well. can anybody confirm this?

Quick update. it was the MAF. It completely s*** the bed. went to my tuner, he found no leaks had no idea what was going on. car was running like crap, couldnt get over 14psi and cruising down the highway at 16afr.....scaring the crap out of me the whole way. Met up with a buddy of mine, swapped maf now im good to go.

Only thing that could have ****** this up was when i re-oiled my SRI.

Lesson of the day: DO NOT OVER OIL YOUR INTAKE FILTER.

Quick update. it was the MAF. It completely s*** the bed. went to my tuner, he found no leaks had no idea what was going on. car was running like crap, couldnt get over 14psi and cruising down the highway at 16afr.....scaring the crap out of me the whole way. Met up with a buddy of mine, swapped maf now im good to go.

i had the same a/f ratio problem and crappy idle and it was my catch can tube. one let loose and the vac line was hissing away giving me an a/f of like 18 when not at a steady cruise speed. i was like, dude wtf!!! something so simple causes so many problems.

Back