What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Thanks for the critisism....its always good as long as it's constructive. I want to represent the website.....around here not to many people know about it...I do think I have to much on the windsheild...I have my work parking permit on the passenger side and the ones under the inspection and emission stickers.......I'll be taking some off very soon...Thanks Venom

Yanked the winters/steelies off and returned the stockers to their rightful place inside the wheel wells....and fell in love all over again.

Just put on the HID's....alot easier than I previously thought...Couldnt get the headlight out to save my life...but ended up realizing that I didnt have to...Only thing is...I ordered Headlight light and fog light and like a moron I assumed the bulb in hand was the headlights and was like this isnt even the same..oh well and I got it in the headlight and was like WTF these plugs arent even the same and cut it right at the plug and after both were on and working and I go back to the other box...only to realize I put the fogs in the headlights and I didnt have to splice wires(braindead its all plug and play...Yeah well to late...they look good...cant wait till it gets dark to see what they look like....Quick Question .....I usally drive around with my headlights on ( no DRL's ). Will the HID do anything to my headlights housing? Its a 35w 6000K system. Any info would be great from someone running this set up or any HID set up

I usally drive around with my headlights on ( no DRL's ). Will the HID do anything to my headlights housing? Its a 35w 6000K system. Any info would be great from someone running this set up or any HID set up

Yes, the spring that holds the bulb to the socket is not the easiest thing to operate. You should not have any problem with the housing since the HID lights runs cooler than the stock halogen. I have been running my HID conversion for almost 10 months now and have not have problems.

Yes, the spring that holds the bulb to the socket is not the easiest thing to operate. You should not have any problem with the housing since the HID lights runs cooler than the stock halogen. I have been running my HID conversion for almost 10 months now and have not have problems.

X2, 2 years + on my side. (bow)

My 2010 Sport 5MT got a home-garage oil change today.

New low-profile 20" lift floor jack (to replace the too-small piece o' cr@p I had): $100

Oil and filter (on sale): $17

New oil drain pan (that doesn't spill everywhere when you pour into a container): $7

Knowing the lower engine cover is, in fact, back on; knowing a new, fresh filter was installed; knowing the oil drain plug wasn't stripped and was tightened just right; knowing the exact oil I wanted was filled; knowing it was all cleaned up nice 'n tidy: Priceless!

Kinda expensive for an oil change...but I didn't have a jack that would do the job, and I don't like using ramps (just a preference). I'll get my use out of it.

No real surprises, thanks to all the info posted here. It's nice that these newest ones have a spin-on filter finally. It's even mounted vertically so it's not bad to remove without spilling, after you give it a minute to drain the passage.

One hour, start to finish, including cleaning up and putting everything away.

Interior of the '07M5 got detailed this afternoon, in hopes that prospective buyers won't be put off by the 3 years of accumulated grunge...

Prospective buyers? 1 week, 2 calls, no viewing...hmmm, this is gonna take a while.

Changed out the plugs. Didnt take long. Seems to be running better. I am going to take it to worktonight I think and see how it does.

Here is the pic of the #1 plug......Is there something I should be concerned about? Or is that just from build-up from the misfiring?
DSC_0011-2.jpg

Here is the last mod I did I cut the shifter and rethreaded it and added a Razo(I believe is the) RA125 shift knob......feels sportier in the hand for using the manumatic.

33465100138_large.jpg

33465100137_large.jpg

33465100139_large.jpg

Oh and I added the DMC box to listen to my iPod shuffle and my other MP3 devices. Its hidden in the glove box where the owners manual goes.

Went to the dealership.

Since they resealed the transmission, there has been a clunking in the front suspension while braking and turning.

They replaced both lower control arms.... still some clunking.

My 2010 Sport 5MT got a home-garage oil change today.

New low-profile 20" lift floor jack (to replace the too-small piece o' cr@p I had): $100

Oil and filter (on sale): $17

New oil drain pan (that doesn't spill everywhere when you pour into a container): $7

Knowing the lower engine cover is, in fact, back on; knowing a new, fresh filter was installed; knowing the oil drain plug wasn't stripped and was tightened just right; knowing the exact oil I wanted was filled; knowing it was all cleaned up nice 'n tidy: Priceless!

Kinda expensive for an oil change...but I didn't have a jack that would do the job, and I don't like using ramps (just a preference). I'll get my use out of it.

No real surprises, thanks to all the info posted here. It's nice that these newest ones have a spin-on filter finally. It's even mounted vertically so it's not bad to remove without spilling, after you give it a minute to drain the passage.

One hour, start to finish, including cleaning up and putting everything away.

I used to hate the cartridges, but now I like them because I can inspect the filter much more closely. I'm right there with you on knowing the plug's been tightened correctly. Same with the filter and the cover. I've driven away from a garage before in my MX3 and had the joy of hearing and feeling me rip the cover off of the bottom of the car. Needless to say the a-hole mechanics just shrugged their shoulders like my car is a worthless piece of crap anyway. now the belts get ruined easily and squeal. I hate most mechanics. I can usually tell by the way they engage me whether they're professional and do their job correctly or not. I didn't used to know better.

I gave the interior its first cleaning since I own it. Why didn't anyone tell me the interior looks awesome when its armor all-ed?! I just thought things were low gloss in there but I guess the dealer never detailed the interior when I picked it up.

Rented a 5

Drove four passengers and luggage in a 2009 Sport from National Car Rental to our hotel. Surprised to see a 5 among the car rental choices but it was perfect for us, all our luggage, and being in/out of a vehicle for the next few days. About 23k on the clock, seems pretty sound/tight for being a rental & all.

***Update 4/30*** So we spent a week with the rental 5 in Orlando, it worked really well for us. I don't travel as I used to (4-5x per month) so I'm less aware of rental car fleets than I once was. But I saw a bunch of rental 5's coming/going from our hotel. Actually: I thought the automatic in this 2009 did a fairly decent job, I hadn't driven an 5AT in a while and not since putting the first 5k on my 5MT. It kicked down easily, shifted smoothly, had a nice surge from a standstill. My passengers loved the sliding doors, high seats, good legroom, and visibility. We did a bunch of around town stuff and got in a run over to RonJon / Cocoa Beach also. Maybe they'll sell a few after folks have them as rentals, or have already.

Last edited:
I gave the interior its first cleaning since I own it. Why didn't anyone tell me the interior looks awesome when its armor all-ed?! I just thought things were low gloss in there but I guess the dealer never detailed the interior when I picked it up.

If you like Armorall, try Meguiar's Natural Shine. It smokes Armorall. Use microfiber towels, too.

4596665115_d3f6784cd7.jpg

I should have wiped the lens clean on my blackberry before I took this picture, but here it is.
picked up some 8' sections of fence and 8'4x4 posts.
the M5 is a workhorse!

My crappy phone charger blew the cigarette lighter fuse on my 08, 15A, $0.75. Never replaced one on the Mazdas before, they are so friggin' tiny

all this last weekend, the 5 carried around the me, the wife, and my parents in comfort. we were still able to fit the stroller in the back, and fit some groceries.

poor thing needs a good cleaning.

i still need to swap out the winter floor mats.

Back