What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Finally had the Mazdaspeed3 exhaust installed on my 5. My original exhaust had broken off in a couple places, so I finally had the reason to do it. Looks great and sounds better.

Hiiiiiiiiii! Since I've been here last:

Oil change
Front sway bar bushings
Coil packs
Valve cover gasket
AC system refresh
Belts
New head unit
JBL component speakers all around
PPI 4x60 + 200 amp to drive system
Infinity 860w sub in the back
Battery
Upgraded to 225/50-17 tires, fits fine even under severe drop on 17x7 +55 wheels

Hunting a stock 17x6.5, the one that has the 5 spokes that split at the very end to become 10 tiny spokes at the edge of the rim. I want to check brake fitment.

Oh, also considering selling the car if anyone is interested in it as it sits, with all the mods on it. That would save me some time parting all the aftermarket stuff off of it, and maybe it would go to someone that would appreciate everything that's been done. I'll be back more regularly from this point forward.

Oh, also considering selling the car if anyone is interested in it as it sits, with all the mods on it. That would save me some time parting all the aftermarket stuff off of it, and maybe it would go to someone that would appreciate everything that's been done. I'll be back more regularly from this point forward.

Or you can trade with me. (nana)

We have the same year, model, and color. Mine is just stock. :D

In the last two weeks:

After sitting on parts for nearly 2-3 years, I finally decided to install my <$40 (total cost) backup camera and clip on LCD mirror (hard mount via screws). Shopping for a cheap front cam since the LCD mirror has dual inputs so I prewired it for 2nd input.
Also finally got around to change the valve cover gasket with a new Fel-Pro gasket.

Current WIP, looking to mount a tiny amp with fan under radio.

Last edited:
Lubed the caliper guide pins and bled the brake fluid at 108k-ish miles, about 40k miles after I last changed the brakes, fluid, and lubed the pins. Brakes seem to have plenty of life left.

Also think my rear sway bar endlinks are bad. Letting the PB blaster soak in before I try to take them off and replace them since I couldn't get the top nuts to budge earlier.

Pic please! What modification did you need to do?

Twintrbo: I know you asked MONTHS ago, but if you really want to know what's involved, here's the thread where I got the idea, and where I added my own pictures and clarifications to Loosenut's original post.

I've still got them in the 5 BTW, still love them. Still happy with the mod. :)

Speed3 Seats in Mazda5 Thread

Twintrbo: I know you asked MONTHS ago, but if you really want to know what's involved, here's the thread where I got the idea, and where I added my own pictures and clarifications to Loosenut's original post.

I've still got them in the 5 BTW, still love them. Still happy with the mod. :)

Speed3 Seats in Mazda5 Thread
No problem, It's not like I have my 5 anymore anyway! Very cool swap, I always considered something like that because I hated the 5 seats but never got to it. Fwiw, I'm the guy that pioneered the washer idea to raise the front :)

Figured out why the headlights in the car pointed directly in front of the bumper instead of somewhere useful on the road.
Answer: Whoever replaced the bulbs didn't use the retaining springs and the bulbs were just loose in there! F#$& the previous owner/their mechanic/whoever did that

I replaced spark plugs. And also front windshield washer pump. Didn't remove entire front but squeezed my hand behind bumper after removing couple of screws and turning wheels all the way left. It is a 2008 GS. New plugs are bosh platinum.

Checked the cabin air filter
P4wAnMu.jpg

This weekends to do:

Rear brake pads
Rear shocks
Front shocks
Front strut mounts
Tranny fluid

Will be a long day

Headlight bulb died (Sylvania Xtravision) so I installed some basic H9 bulbs after modifying them to fit. So far, so good. They appear much brighter, which is fine by me as I've always thought the lights were a bit too dim.

I would like to upload pics. But it seems like the image box here doesn't like iPhone x photos

Are the photos too big?

Back