What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

What's your drop nftyper ? You seems very low in the back...

Progress springs, but it is loaded up in the back so the wheels are tucked in more than usual.

this is what it normally looks like

s6300190r.jpg

Last edited:
We bought a large dresser, 60"x38"x18". At first, the lady said we should've bought a truck instead... when we got it in, she said wow, I should've got one of these instead of my Yaris.

:D

I believe you were supposed to say "That's what she said" :p

Whoops my post was supposed to go into the interior thread!

You guys :), but please keep it PG-13 in the people mover (Mazda5) section ;), thanks!

I think it's a Canadian thing, the Echo and Yaris has been a top 10 seller since 2000. I remember in 2004, the Echo's final year in the US and the first year the 3 and 5 door hatchback was introduced in Canada replacing the 2 door (ugly) coupe, 45,000 Echos were sold in Canada and 4,000 in the US even though you guys have 10x the population.

This is the top 10 FOR July 2010:

Ranking. Car name (Cars sold in July 2010) [July 2009 ranking]

1. Mazda 3 (6,284) [1]
2. Honda Civic (6,009) [3]
3. Toyota Corolla (4,536) [2]
4. Hyundai Elantra (3,497) [5]
5. Hyundai Accent (3,201) [4]
6. Ford Focus (2,394) [8]
7. Toyota Yaris (2,294) [6]
8. Toyota Matrix (2,265) [7]
9. Volkswagen Golf (2,179) [-]
10. Chevy Cobalt (2,037) [9]

EDIT: I thought the numbers were YTD but it can't be seeing how these were 2007's numbers for the entire year in Canada:

1- Honda Civic (1) 70,838
2- Mazda3 (2) 48,236
3- Toyota Corolla (3) 40,474
4- Toyota Yaris (4) 34,424
5- Chevrolet Cobalt (5) 32,613
6- Toyota Camry (6) 28,218
7- Pontiac G5 (8) 25,211
8- Ford Focus (7) 24,013
9- Honda Accord (--) 22,102
10- Nissan Versa (--) 21,940

Last edited:
I think the Echo may be the ugliest car of modern times, thats why it didn't sell here. FWIW Americans dont like or "get" small cars. Compacts will never be a top seller here because of that alone. We also dont like quirky styling which is why we dont get a lot of Euro models either. Until gas gets to be $5 per gallon Americans will continue to believe they need a 6 liter, 400 hp, 6000 lb suv to drive themselves, alone, to get a loaf of bread. Its amazing how many people ask me if my 5 is big enough. I always ask them, "for what?" they never seem to have a comeback.

I have to admit I hate the Yaris but I wouldn't throw out an Echo if you gave it to me. A friend of mine has one and while it looks like a clown car when he gets in (6'5") he fits without any problems and he can get two of his kids in the back. He keeps hoping it'll die some day but I don't think he knows what he's going to get to replace it. It's been that dependable for him.

Got rid of the stupid TPMS warning i have been having by filling all my tires to 35 psi.

The lowest tire was at 28, the rest were still at 32. that is a sensitive sensor!

Paint calipers in black [done]
Adding some 8mm spacers [done]
home made mud flaps (Rally armor style [done]
washing the Cantine [ not done ]
photoshoot [ no photoshoot of my dirty 5 lol ]

renovating the downstairs bathroom, so been making a bunch of home depot runs; 10' 2x8's, PVC piping, etc. the thule rack has been a HUGE help!

I returned a 40 gallon water heater and all they needed was the sticker off of it so I had two water heaters in my car on the way home. How many cars that get over 25mpg can do that? I have pics to prove it. :)

Took an old H7 bulb from when i put hids in the protege and put that in the 5 for now. Wasnt too bad this time replacing the bulb. not sure what the issue was with the drivers side.

I returned a 40 gallon water heater and all they needed was the sticker off of it so I had two water heaters in my car on the way home. How many cars that get over 25mpg can do that? I have pics to prove it. :)

Post pics in the interior thread, please! I wanna see!

Back